Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Dec 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
On our 4 trips to florida we only went to the Disney parks on our first trip (2009)
The 1st day we went was on my birthday which happened to be on Thanksgiving.
I know that's a busy time for the parks but even then it was heaving and we HATED it, if you could find a table at any quick service it was filthy, any staff we talked to were snappy and rude.
We left after a few hours as we knew we went going to get on anything and didnt want to spend the rest of my birthday crammed into that park.

We know from on here it's got a LOT worse in 10 years so as much as we want to go on the new starwars ride we'll stick to universal and IOA.
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by rasmus View Post
if you could find a table at any quick service it was filthy
Nothing has changed there then. I go at off peak times and could count on one hand the number of times I have managed to find a clean table (or any table) at a park based QS restaurant.

To the rest of your post, you probably got a skewed impression because you went on one of the busiest days of the year. I think I would have hated it too, but I would have given it another go another time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rasmus View Post
On our 4 trips to florida we only went to the Disney parks on our first trip (2009)
The 1st day we went was on my birthday which happened to be on Thanksgiving.
I know that's a busy time for the parks but even then it was heaving and we HATED it, if you could find a table at any quick service it was filthy, any staff we talked to were snappy and rude.
We left after a few hours as we knew we went going to get on anything and didnt want to spend the rest of my birthday crammed into that park.

We know from on here it's got a LOT worse in 10 years so as much as we want to go on the new starwars ride we'll stick to universal and IOA.
You went at one of the busiest times of the year, no wonder the first impression was not good. But not trying again on quieter times because of that means you're missing out - I'd recommend September. The most I waited for a ride without a fastpass was 20 minutes (apart from Flight of Passage, 1 hour but I rode it with fastpasses multiple times as well).
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Nothing has changed there then. I go at off peak times and could count on one hand the number of times I have managed to find a clean table (or any table) at a park based QS restaurant.

To the rest of your post, you probably got a skewed impression because you went on one of the busiest days of the year. I think I would have hated it too, but I would have given it another go another time.
You're unlucky then. I also go off peak (September) and have no trouble finding clean tables in the park based QS places I go to. I don't go to the 'popular' ones though which could be why.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
You're unlucky then. I also go off peak (September) and have no trouble finding clean tables in the park based QS places I go to. I don't go to the 'popular' ones though which could be why.
I agree! We go at peak times and never had trouble finding a clean empty table at the QS restaurants. We came close at Pesco Bill's in MK at lunch but actually it looked like we weren't going to find a table until we had the food and actually we got one immediately. Oh and ABC commisionary which was rammed but again we queued for food and by that time a table became available.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List