Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jan 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
stokie93
Gone all Goofy

August 2021 - When to book flights

Hey all!

Been a while since i've been on here, last visit was September 2016 and we've been eager to go back since.

A lot has changed since then, me and my partner are engaged and due to get married in August 2021! We've both been in agreement before anything wedding related was agreed that we'd be going to Florida for our Honeymoon. 1 week in Orlando and 1 in Anna Maria Island!

Due to the amount of planning/budgeting we've got to do we're starting to arrange stuff for the honeymoon. My partner is a teacher so unfortunately have to go during August!

Could anyone recommend when you think would be best to arrange flights and roughly what price i'd be looking at for people who are going this August?

Thanks
J
stokie93 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stokie93 View Post
Hey all!

Been a while since i've been on here, last visit was September 2016 and we've been eager to go back since.

A lot has changed since then, me and my partner are engaged and due to get married in August 2021! We've both been in agreement before anything wedding related was agreed that we'd be going to Florida for our Honeymoon. 1 week in Orlando and 1 in Anna Maria Island!

Due to the amount of planning/budgeting we've got to do we're starting to arrange stuff for the honeymoon. My partner is a teacher so unfortunately have to go during August!

Could anyone recommend when you think would be best to arrange flights and roughly what price i'd be looking at for people who are going this August?

Thanks
J
I can't recommend exactly when to book, but have you tried doing a dummy run using this years dates?

We are going May 2021, so I have been looking on Netflights/ Skyscanner at this years dates, so I can have a vague idea when will be best to book our flights for next year and a rough idea what price we will be paying.

We are doing 17 nights, and at the moment it looks like it will be cheaper for us to fly in to Miami and home from MCO.

As soon as flights are released for our dates I will keep checking prices, but I have read the best time to book is around 9 months before you fly (I am no expert, this is just what people have told me).

But i would defo recommend looking at this years dates, as you then know what you can likely expect.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Griff
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Flights won’t be available until 11 months out, what airports will you be looking for and which August weeks are you looking for
Griff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve been keeping an eye on this as we’re also looking at August 2021. I’ve been doing dummy bookings for August 2020, but I don’t envy anyone who was booking this year for August given the Thomas cook collapse slammed into the 11 month out period. I’m budgeting £2000 for 2A 1C for direct flights with luggage, which should be achievable
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

I booked for this August on the day of release of our return flights. Lots of people say wait until Black Friday, Christmas, new year sales etc, but I’m glad I booked when I did, as I then felt safe in the knowledge we could book park tickets.

FWIW, we booked a fly drive with BA; indirect out, direct home, Heathrow to Miami. We have a standard SUV for 28 nights included in the price. We paid £2468, and I have never seen it this price since. It’s still over £3k.

Might be wise to have a think about flying indirect, and if you’re willing to do this. We decided on a £400 cut off, so if we saved anything over that amount, it was worth doing. In actual fact, we saved £650, so we were very happy with that. But we had done the thinking before the flights were released, so it was an easy decision to make
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Gp1602
Getting Excited

I agree with others that waiting until they are released 9 months out is best, in the meantime - congratulations 🥳
Gp1602 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
We are going May 2021, so I have been looking on Netflights/ Skyscanner at this years dates, so I can have a vague idea when will be best to book our flights for next year and a rough idea what price we will be paying.

As soon as flights are released for our dates I will keep checking prices, but I have read the best time to book is around 9 months before you fly (I am no expert, this is just what people have told me).

Hi yar

What it costs this year or next is highly irrelevant to what will they will cost the year after …. The pound will change the dollar will change oil will change.

I think it madness to book more than 9 months ahead but some people seem happy to pay a huge premium to get everything sorted but they never get the lowest price.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Hi yar

What it costs this year or next is highly irrelevant to what will they will cost the year after …. The pound will change the dollar will change oil will change.

I think it madness to book more than 9 months ahead but some people seem happy to pay a huge premium to get everything sorted but they never get the lowest price.
Just giving my opinion as this is what worked for me last time and as I said it won't be the same cost just a vague idea.

I've often booked more than 9 months in advance, as long as I am happy to pay the cost of what is offered at the time of booking.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We book our flights after the return leg is released. For this August we booked on the day the return leg went in sale and got a reasonable deal, wasn’t the cheapest we have paid but has only gone up since. I don’t really pay any attention to any flight prices before booking as they change on a daily basis. What I would say is wait for all airlines to release their flights before booking because you might see a more competitive price of 6 airlines have released their rather busy 2!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
Just giving my opinion as this is what worked for me last time and as I said it won't be the same cost just a vague idea.

I've often booked more than 9 months in advance, as long as I am happy to pay the cost of what is offered at the time of booking.
for me the cheapest price is the most important thing we are completely flexible on dates (I work for myself) and uk and us airports and don’t care direct or indirect if I can’t get my unreasonably low price we don’t go.

I completely get that this is not the priority for other people and it’s important for them to get everything booked well in advance and they start enjoying their holiday from that point and this is worth a premium.

I have been caught out 2018 we could not get the price I had set (we actually got within £68) so we didn’t go I got my target price for West Coast so we went to Denver instead and drove to LA. I understand that many people could not live like this and so does my wife but if I saw a price lower than I had paid it would grate me.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List