Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Feb 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Excited! Travel plans for the next few years...

Currently watching the funky fairy’s latest vlog of Disneyland and talking about our travel plans for the next few years.

This year we have an epic trip planned for Australia for December/Christmas/New Year. We leave 10th December, arriving 12th and have 2 nights in Sydney before boarding a 10 night cruise of the Great Barrier Reef. We disembark on Christmas Eve then have 8 nights in Sydney. We have been planning our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day meals and the spot we want to watch fireworks for New Year’s Eve.

Next year it’s my moms 65th birthday in October and my parents are taking us away on a trip, they are thinking about India or somewhere similar. Before that in June we want to do a Florida road trip taking in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, the Keys and maybe Naples. We also want to save for new carpet in our lounge and bedroom too.

In 2022 we want to do Disneyland LA, San Fran, Vegas etc. We’re thinking maybe September but still to be decided.

2023 we’re going to do some more work at home, new carpets and anything else that needs doing, and have a couple of ‘traditional’ holidays - Canary Islands in March and maybe somewhere in Greece in the summer.

Then 2024 I’m 40 and want to go back to Walt Disney World and most likely tag on a cruise afterwards. I romantasise about Beach Club or Grand Floridian but in reality we love POFQ and how small and quaint and it’s proximity to Disney Springs.

Hopefully our health with remain, our jobs will stay secure and our hopes and dreams for travel plans will be realised.

Anyone else plan this far ahead? If so, tell me your plans on this miserable February afternoon.
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Sounds like you have a lot of plans. We have a big world map on the wall of my home office and a set of coloured stickers each. We both stick pointers on place we want to visit.
This year we have South Africa for 3 weeks and New England for 2 weeks. Next year, Patagonia and something European. The year after, I think we will be back to Japan because we love it and maybe Taiwan ...
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
Sounds like you have a lot of plans. We have a big world map on the wall of my home office and a set of coloured stickers each. We both stick pointers on place we want to visit.
This year we have South Africa for 3 weeks and New England for 2 weeks. Next year, Patagonia and something European. The year after, I think we will be back to Japan because we love it and maybe Taiwan ...
Oh wow those are very exciting places and a new way to decide where to go next and to track also where you have been! Thanks for sharing
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a big birthday for next year, so Florida is on the cards for the summer, but I’ve just booked Cornwall for the actual week of my birthday. Not particularly exciting but it has our heart in the same way as Florida!

2022 will hopefully be Florida again, hoping to get universal annual passes next year so good excuse to go back!😉

2023 I have a big anniversary at work which includes some time of, so discussing New York for new year, Australia would be the dream destination for that summer, but not sure at the moment if that’s what it will be, just a dream!

I love having something to plan/work for, it’s what gets me through every shift!
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Only got these two years planned so far. Will depend on how much I can convince hubby to take us where I wanna go since he keeps looking at “driving caravans” this is what my little ones have always called them.
This year we have a 2 weeks canaries cruise in April. We have 3 weeks Florida in May. A weekend in June for a little festival at the seaside.
Then in 2021 we have a fjords cruise in July currently.
Nothing else yet, but I’d like to do a Caribbean cruise or Mediterranean one. Obviously go back to Disney but not sure on this one as it’s very expensive for us.
Need to get some stuff done with the house, need a patio and a shower over the bath.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great plans OP. We did Las Vegas & California last year and fell in love, I’m sure you will too.

This year we have a 3 week road trip around the Southern States starting and ending in Florida.
In November we are provisionally going to Washington DC for 3 nights then Assateague Island for a night and ending in Philadelphia for another night.

Next years plans are potentially visiting Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and Rocky Mountain National Parks but will depend on dates as both kids doing A Levels and GCSEs.

2022 has us returning to Florida to hopefully get married on Anna Maria Island. I’ve told OH I want to do it before I’m 40 in the November 😂
We may start with a week in Orlando, then a week on AMI for the wedding then finish with a week for our ‘honeymoon’ doing Naples and the Keys.

As a belated 40th in 2023 I would love to do the Mighty 5 National Parks in Utah. I took my OH to Vegas and the Grand Canyon for his so I deserve something equally fabulous 😉

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I also love planning ahead! This year we have a week in Orlando then a Caribbean cruise in April then a California road trip in August. Next year DH and I have a break in NY in January then DLP with my sisters and families at Easter and Orlando hopefully in sept.
We want to do a Disney cruise to Alaska In 2022 and in 2023 will probably return to Orlando with family as my sister turns 40, my niece turns 18, hubby 50 and DS 21 if he wanted to go with us!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I do love planning ahead. Although sometimes I change our plans, but it’s nice to have some ideas. Your plans sound wonderful

So far I have booked Athens in July this year and Mexico in October. I’m hoping for free dining for a big Disney trip next year 2021, so there will only be one holiday that year.

Then 2022 I would like to go to Rome and maybe a longer break in Mexico if we like our week there this year or possibly somewhere in the Caribbean. Then 2023 we may try Disney Paris as we’ve never been and possibly a return trip to Vietnam to see our son who teaches there

Edited at 06:03 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

We have a "proper" summer holiday planned for this year, WDW in 2021, hoping DLP 2022 for 30th anniversary nothing else after that apart from my monthly trips to my caravan starting march until end December for next couple of years (whilst I'm paying the finance off haha)
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t like to plan too far ahead, so at the moment I’m focusing on this year. I’ve booked a few days in Krakow for May and now waiting for a BA flight sale for a trip to Fla in Nov.

Apart from that, all I have is a mental list of places I’d like to visit but no detail.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List