Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jan 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Dimitris
Dancing with Tink'

Disney 2021 Planning

Hi,

After visiting Disney World with our own children 6 times over the last 20 years we have now decided its time to take our children there partners and the Grandchildren in 2021. We are looking to travel September 4th ish 2021 and as prices for 2021 are not available I have based prices on this years.

6 Adults + 3 Children (6Yrs/5Yrs/1Yr)

Rosen Inn at Pointe(International Drive) - 3 x Double Rooms - £1763.94 with Trivago ( 14 Nights)

Flights with Virgin - Gatwick to Orlando - £3359.00 (Infant on Lap)

Looking at 14 Day Ultimate Passes for 6 Adults 3 Children £3192.00 (Infant Free)

Car Hire - Estimated at around £600.00 for a bus big enough for us all and budgeting £200 for Parking at Disney.

Based on above and apart from Food Drinks and Spends it is coming in at £9114.94.

If anyone can see a way of making any savings Id be pleased to hear.

Thanks in advance

Paul
Dimitris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Just wondered how you have got flights for Sept 2021 when they havn't been released?
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

forget that post. I didn't read your's properly. sory.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dimitris View Post
Hi,

After visiting Disney World with our own children 6 times over the last 20 years we have now decided its time to take our children there partners and the Grandchildren in 2021. We are looking to travel September 4th ish 2021 and as prices for 2021 are not available I have based prices on this years.

6 Adults + 3 Children (6Yrs/5Yrs/1Yr)

Rosen Inn at Pointe(International Drive) - 3 x Double Rooms - £1763.94 with Trivago ( 14 Nights)

Flights with Virgin - Gatwick to Orlando - £3359.00 (Infant on Lap)

Looking at 14 Day Ultimate Passes for 6 Adults 3 Children £3192.00 (Infant Free)

Car Hire - Estimated at around £600.00 for a bus big enough for us all and budgeting £200 for Parking at Disney.

Based on above and apart from Food Drinks and Spends it is coming in at £9114.94.

If anyone can see a way of making any savings Id be pleased to hear.

Thanks in advance

Paul
I’d be thinking about putting buffers into the budget rather than more savings. I think you have been a touch optimistic with most of those costings.

Flights for £420 pp are not unheard of, but I wouldn’t bank on it either. I priced up Rosen Inn on Pointe for your time of year but 2020 dates and it came out as £2019 for three rooms. I think you might get park tickets for that price this year but I would not expect Disney to freeze ticket prices so I think you could be two to three hundred short there too. I have no idea what car hire costs are as I have never hired a car.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Would you consider flying with another airline, flights prices to vary massively and whilst you can see some for £450, it can also be higher than this.

I know some airlines are considerably cheaper than Virgin, so if you do want to reduce the costs it could be worthwhile considering Norwegian or TUI?

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyBe
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi, Consider renting a villa, 4 or 5 bed may be cheaper that the hotel and you will have more space to spread out.
LadyBe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm not sure you're going to get it much cheaper. I would definitely consider a villa instead of hotel because that might really reduce your food costs while you're out there. Last big family trip we did we cooked a couple of meals, had a few takeaways, had breakfast before leaving for the Parks and took lunch with us a few times, that really reduced the amount we spent on food in WDW.

Other than that I'd say flights are the biggest variable. Virgin is rarely cheapest and indirect can save a fair bit.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jollys
Getting Excited

another vote for villa. love the hotels when its just been 3 of us and gone for a week but when we all as a group of 8 for 2 weeks a villa works out so much better
jollys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List