Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Jan 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bethyboo
Excited about Disney

Bethyboo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We stayed at the Beach Club when our two children were a similar age to yours. It is a lovely hotel and you can't beat the location. It was great being able to leave our napping 3 year old in his pushchair and wheel him back to our hotel room from Epcot.

However, if Stormalong Bay is a big draw for you, I personally didn't feel it was great for smaller children. In two weeks, we only used it once, with my children preferring the quiet pool, where they had more freedom to move about because you can view the whole pool all the time.

Funnily enough, next year, we are looking at staying at one of the Port Orleans resorts because we have decided a deluxe is not worth the extra money for us because we don't spend a lot of time at the resort.
Old 26 Jan 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’d say POFQ is better for younger children as it is smaller and has a great splash play area which is better than Stormalong Bay IMO for that age group. I prefer the deluxe hotels but have stayed at the moderated far more often as generally I’d rather keep the money. You could also consider a family suite so you get space and room which I think is more needed with younger children than teenagers who can spend more time in the parks and pool and will just sleep and shower for the most part in the room.
Old 26 Jan 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I think the deluxes are lovely. But £2500 more. No we wouldn’t spend that.

Are any of the moderates available. They are all nice and I’d be happy at any of them.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I think £2.5k for a deluxe for 17 nights instead of 14 in a moderate is not that bad.
We have stayed three times at moderates (CBR and POR) and have said that next time we will definitely go deluxe. Our pick is WL actually because we love the boat ride over to MK and just can’t face the bus journey nightmare to MK from a moderate again. We also think WL gets less passing traffic than BC so for those two reasons gets our vote.
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
2.5K is a lot to add on for a different hotel. Are you having free DDP when there?

Your littles ones are young, they'd love anywhere you stay. Would you consider the All Star resorts?

We've stayed there the first time we went, my boys still talk about it, they were 4, 5, 11.

You can then use the 2.5K for the next trip, book early and get POFQ or wherever you fancy after you've had a little walk around a few resorts this time.

Yes, we stayed at the Beach Club a couple of times too, but it was so much more affordable then.

If I were you, I'd honestly consider All Star Resorts, their pools are great and the rooms are a good size.

T

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Elsas just to pick up on your point it's not £2.5k for 17 nights at BC it's that extra over & above what POFQ was costing - if I understand correctly
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Thanks so much everyone! No moderates showing at all right now and I definitely don’t fancy a value resort. I think pofq appealed as its small, one bus stop and would suit us.

If money were no object then yes a deluxe would be amazing but like a few of you have said it’s money towards a next holiday.

We paid 5034 14 nights pofq with upgraded dining, tickets etc etc and bc for 17 was coming in at 7592.

Pofq is on the us site so am going to hold fire for now and see what becomes available
Old 26 Jan 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Wouldn't the upgraded DDP potentially add tips? which would add a not so insignificant amount to the extra amount that would need paying?
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Yes although we upgraded the dining plan anyway as want character meals