Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.
Unread 14 Jan 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
hjanea46
Excited about Disney

Mobile Oga's Cantina?

Hi, has anyone been? I'm wondering about booking it just for drinks after the droid workshop on my son's birthday. I'm wanting to know whether the theming is worth the cost for myself who may have an alcoholic drink and two kids-7&14?
Thanks for any input.x

Helen.
hjanea46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POR again-my hand slipped and I booked!
Unread 14 Jan 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We went in October. For me, it was not worth it. The drinks are ridiculously expensive. It was really crammed in. We we stood at a table that the kids could barely see over. We stayed in there for about 20 minutes in total.
I think if you are a really Star Wars fan it would be great. The theming is good, but so is the theming in the shops etc and you can see all that for no additional charge.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando and beaches trip
Unread 14 Jan 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
VIP Dibber

I'd say it depends how into star wars you all are. We visited after the droid depot too! (which is great fun by the way) We had 2 non alcoholic drinks and the jelly snack thing and it came to just under $100! We did choose a drink that came with a souvenir cup but it's very expensive.

We were probably in there less than 1/2 hour and I cant say I would go back. The theming is great but it's also packed and cramped and really wasn't a comfortable place to spend any time. We were standing and around one very small table/stand they put 8 other people, I don't mind sharing a table but we just didn't have enough space!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Next stop AKL
Unread 14 Jan 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaft88
Gone all Goofy

DisneyDaft88's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Im really torn on this too! We made a reservation months ago but Ive read so many negative reviews 😖
DisneyDaft88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ for 12 nights in our happy place!
Unread 14 Jan 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
We went in October. For me, it was not worth it. The drinks are ridiculously expensive. It was really crammed in. We we stood at a table that the kids could barely see over. We stayed in there for about 20 minutes in total.
I think if you are a really Star Wars fan it would be great. The theming is good, but so is the theming in the shops etc and you can see all that for no additional charge.
We cancelled our ADR here last month as I read so many reviews that said the same as this. Every time we walked past it there was a queue also, even when GE wasn't that busy.

DVC owner since 2002.
Many trips since '92 incl. ASMu, ASMo, ASSp, BCV, OKW, HRH, Drop Anchor Resort, Islamorada BWV, AKL - Kidani & Jambo, BLT, Vero Beach, THVs SSR, RPR, BRV, CCV Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Poly for our Anniversary :)
Unread 14 Jan 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

I was thinking of breakfast, they do coffee $5 & a cinnamon bun $6 so that could be a way to go in and see the theming without taking a mortgage out
mickeyspal is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
I was thinking of breakfast, they do coffee $5 & a cinnamon bun $6 so that could be a way to go in and see the theming without taking a mortgage out
We have booked breakfast too !
I wonder if they are available as a snack credit ?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our next WDW trip
Unread 14 Jan 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

My 8 and 10 year olds and husband who are Star Wars fans really liked it. The seating arrangement isnt great (shared standing table with a 3 year old!), but I was told it was just like being in the films. We spent $37 on one alcoholic drink, a blue milk and cookie thing, and a non alcoholic drink. I dont know if I would do it again, but I was glad we did it overall
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Portofino Bay, Beach Club and villa