Old 16 Jan 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Flojo224
VIP Dibber

Flojo224's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Encore at Reunion?

Morning all

We are looking for a villa for part of our stay in October this year.

I have seen some really nice ones at Encore at Reunion community

Does anyone have an experience of staying here?

Are the facilities good and how long does it 'really' take to get to Disney property?

Thanks

2000, 2002, 2003/4, 2011 - Villa
2005 - Disneyland Paris
2007 - Disneyland, California
2014 - Cumbrian Lakes Villa
2017 - Orlando Dream Villa, Lindfields
2018 - No Disney Parks trip
2020 - Let’s do all the parks again - the trip that never was 😔
2022 - Miami & The Parks
2024 - Bahama’s Mini Cruise, Universal & lots of Halloween
Flojo224 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

We’ve very happily owned a villa on Encore for the past two and a bit years and I have to make clear we don’t rent it out otherwise the mods will delete my post. It’s a holiday home for my wife and I and our ever increasing family - grandchild number 8 born recently!

It’s a community of 5-13 bedroom homes so is particularly good for larger families and groups. It’s very clean and modern having been built from nothing over the past 4 years. It has a really good water park including a young kids area, larger slides for the more adventurous, a big pool and poolside snacks and drinks service. You can also dine at the indoor cafe and restaurant. It’s also got a small gym which I’m off to as soon as I’ve posted this. There’s a small shop, kids club, tennis courts, playing fields none of which we’ve used.

The location is great being 5 mins from the 192 via Old Lake Wilson Rd and less than 5 mins to the I4 via Sinclair Rd and the 429. It takes 10 minutes to the Animal Kingdom car parking booths via Sherberth Rd and 10-15 to the entrances of the other parks via the I4. As far as I’m aware Encore still run free buses from here to Disney and Universal which is fine if you want to stick to their timetable.

Over 90% of the pools here don’t have cages as all the villas have nice maintained gardens with 5 foot fencing around them. This is a big plus for us as it means large groups can enjoy the pool and sunshine and we haven't suffered bug bites as a result.

It’s worth noting that part of the Encore community is on the opposite site of Lake Wilson Rd to the pool facilities, etc. which is fine but means you wouldn’t really walk to those facilities.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List