Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Jan 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Is it worth booking one night in a Disney hotel?

We are going to Florida October half term this year. We are flying into Miami for 2 nights, then have 2 nights at Hard Rock and 10 nights in a villa booked. During those final 10 nights, my brother wants to book into a Disney hotel for one night. He has been looking at the Caribbean beach resort as it offers cable cars to Hollywood studios and also early entry into the new Star Wars area from September onwards. The rest of the family are all a little unsure if it’s worth it, as we are talking 3 rooms at around £230 per room and we will spend very little time there. Is it worth it for the extra benefits you get? We will have 14 day Disney passes (purchased separately) can anyone tell me how that will work with the 60/30 day FastPass booking? Will it be a case of being able to book 60 days before for the one night and have to wait until 30 for the rest? Thanks.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
We are going to Florida October half term this year. We are flying into Miami for 2 nights, then have 2 nights at Hard Rock and 10 nights in a villa booked. During those final 10 nights, my brother wants to book into a Disney hotel for one night. He has been looking at the Caribbean beach resort as it offers cable cars to Hollywood studios and also early entry into the new Star Wars area from September onwards. The rest of the family are all a little unsure if it’s worth it, as we are talking 3 rooms at around £230 per room and we will spend very little time there. Is it worth it for the extra benefits you get? We will have 14 day Disney passes (purchased separately) can anyone tell me how that will work with the 60/30 day FastPass booking? Will it be a case of being able to book 60 days before for the one night and have to wait until 30 for the rest? Thanks.
Yes you will only be able to book fast passes for the one night at 60 days. If I was you I really wouldn’t bother.
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

You can book fast passes at 60 days for the 2 days you are at the hotel.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Have you looked at the all star resorts? Or even pop century (still has sky liner) they will be much cheaper and still have the same benefits.
Have a look on Expedia I got 4 nights all star sports for £354 August school hols.
You can get fp for both check in and check out day. Plus you would get magic bands.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disneyleo View Post
Have you looked at the all star resorts? Or even pop century (still has sky liner) they will be much cheaper and still have the same benefits.
Have a look on Expedia I got 4 nights all star sports for £354 August school hols.
You can get fp for both check in and check out day. Plus you would get magic bands.
I’d do this or look at renting dvc points
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post

The advantages you would get are magic bands for the full party and you will be able to book fast passes at 60 days for two days, however the ones that are hard to get are rarely available at 60 or 61 days. So availability will be very similar to the 30 day availability.

I have not heard that September would bring EMH in the Star Wars area every day before, I don’t think September park hours are out yet. I am wondering if he is looking at last year’s September hours, with GE opening at the end of August, HS did have EMH every day, but there is no reason to think that would be the case again.

In my view, I don’t think there is £690 worth of benefits.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
He has been looking at the Caribbean beach resort as it offers cable cars to Hollywood studios and also early entry into the new Star Wars area from September onwards.
That was last year. Last September onsite guests could get in early from the beginning of September onwards. Not this year.

This September I'd expect onsite guests to get morning EMH at HS just once a week (probably Sundays). However, Disney hasn't released these details yet.

Will it be a case of being able to book 60 days before for the one night and have to wait until 30 for the rest?
You will be able to book at 60 days for the two days you are onsite - your check in day and check out day. For the rest, you will only be able to book 30 days beforehand.

Is it worth it for the extra benefits you get?
Personally, I would say no.

The benefits you will get include:
  • A minor benefit in booking fastpasses early for those 2 onsite days.
  • Free MagicBands worth $15 each.
  • EMH at the parks on the two onsite days you are there.
  • Free parking at the theme parks for the two onsite days. However, you will have to pay one night's fee for parking at the resort.
  • Have items purchased in the park delivered to your resort and being able to charge items to your room for those 2 onsite days.

That's not worth £690 in my opinion.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Thanks everyone. I don’t think it’s worth the cost by the sound of it!
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List