Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Discount Florida Car Hire
Unread 24 Jan 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

We use this for our kitties and it seems to work quite well at freshening up their coats:

petsathome/shop/en/p...for-cats-250ml
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Razzamagique @ DLP
Unread 24 Jan 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Cocobean121's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Ive got a very big, very fluffy long haired cat, hes also disabled, hit by a car ten years ago and has a serious limp, some paralysis in this back and tail, so handling him is tricky. He tries his best to clean himself but he does get knotty and his fur is like Velcro and everything (including poop) sticks to him.

He smelt very bad about a year ago, I think he didnt even want to clean himself he was so bad, so we fetched the old baby bath down from the loft, put warm water in, not very deep, then gave him a quick wash with a little cat shampoo and rinsed him well, no, he didnt like it, but was better than I thought he would be, I then wrapped him up in fluffy towels and got as much damp off him as poss, then left him to it, he was soooo happy after that and managed to keep himself clean from then on.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
oops I did it again!
Unread 24 Jan 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
FizzyWhip
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
We use this for our kitties and it seems to work quite well at freshening up their coats:

petsathome/shop/en/p...for-cats-250ml
This was the one I was talking about .
The smell just reminds me of cat poop now *shudder*
FizzyWhip is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Vegas, LA and Hawaii
Unread 24 Jan 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

sorry can't help, but now i have that song from friends as an ear worm
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
VIP Dibber

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

My two Siamese cats have been in the bath a few time. They both protested very loudly but actually if the bath was warm and reasonably deep they seemed to almost relax and enjoy the experience. Ive only my done it to the a few time, my boy cat always has a stronger smell than the girl. They have both been neutered so Ive got no idea why the boy smells worse😊
Unread 25 Jan 20, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
laura
Imagineer

I think its when he cleans himself as his breath stinks too, he does hunt a lot and has brought in mice, wood pigeons and anything he can get his paws on, dead or alive, he doesnt care lol, if we dont get them off him then he will eat them so think its maybe his hunting ground thats smelly and the smell just sticks to him,.
Will see if hubby feels like trying to bathe him, although might need a suit of armour, hes a big cat, very strong and has claws like razors, thats why I was thinking it might be easier to spray some pet dry shampoo on him, if nothing works then guess I might just need to live with a smelly cat, must admit his odour doesnt linger or smell my house, its just when you go near him you can smell him, he is a lovely big ginger tomcat though and we do love him.
We usually do sing Pheobes song smelly cat to him
Orlando Attractions