Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > General Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.
Ocean Florida
Unread 20 Jan 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree with PP that it probably depends massively on the site itself.

We've been to Hafan y Mor a few years on the run but stopped about 4 years ago as enough was enough. It was absolutely filthy. We went opening weekend and the pool was still full of sand in the bottom, the pool tiles had grime all over and the changing rooms needed lots of general maintenance. You expect some things by October need maintenance but not opening weekend. It should be spotless and ready to go.

The caravans are ok but we've always upgraded to ensure heating and better fixtures.

The family bar was overcrowded by 6pm with adults clearly on a boozy session why the kids run round like crazy.

We tried the pub one night for tea and there were no clear and clean tables. We cleared our own in the end but the food was cold and not great.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
Thats good to hear, were taking our 3 year old granddaughter to a blue Dolphin for a 3 night break at the end of June
Aww Im sure she will love it! I have the fondest memories of being there with my grandparents and it was just how I remembered it when I returned with my partner. Its in a lovely place too, so much to do, Scarborough, Whitby ect!
California trip
Unread 20 Jan 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We own a caravan on a Haven site and love it (cant wait for the season to start again). Download the app and select the site you are going to. You will be able to plan activities and if you buy an activity bundle you can prebook some activities - this might not be worth it depending on how many of the paid activities you want to do versus the free ones. You can get shopping from Asda/tesco etc delivered to the sites if that makes it easier or cheaper for you.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We have camped at Littlesea and Rockley Park, Weymouth and when DS was little we hired a caravan at Blue Dolphin. Loved them all. Littlesea has a bus running from the site which is very useful.
Unread 22 Jan 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Our favourite all time Haven is Seaview in Weymouth - it's a small site and never feels too busy even in August but it shares its facilities with the bigger Weymouth Bay too so you get the best of both worlds.

We also went to Seashore in Great Yarmouth last May and really enjoyed that one too - it's in a great location about 20 minute walk from the resort centre. They've also just had a new splash pool built which was a big hit with both of my children.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Frozen fun @ DLP
Unread 22 Jan 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We LOVE Haven breaks with ours (2&4), theyve always been clean and well looked after and good food. You might get some clientele visiting who you might not usually choose to associate with but as were back in our caravan by 6 or 7pm we dont usually have any bother! Enjoy!
Unread 26 Jan 20, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Getting Excited

We have taken our gd every year since he was 9 months old to presthaven sands, north wales, he is 4 now. He loves being able to ride his bike and scooter to talacre along the coastal path with his mum, the entertainment, swimming pool, and the beach. We have a great time, and now we use an owners caravan that we met last year at a reduced rate. As someone has said you do get all types of people include myself in that ha ha.

Edited at 01:18 AM.
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 20, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We go to Caister on Sea just up from Yarmouth every year and love it.

This year they have had a massive massive upgrade on site and so can't wait to see what it looks like when we go.

Haven is great fun with lots to do and no need to leave the park if you don't need to but there is so much to do in that area if you do want to venture out.

Have fun
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ and villa stay.