Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > Polls
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Attraction Tickets
View Poll Results: Which luxury air travel would you choose (and why)?
Virgin Upper 70 66.67%
BA Business Class 22 20.95%
Other 'Upper/Business Class 13 12.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 4 Jul 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Fra
Trying for More Ears

Etihad business was excellent especially on the A380, was still really good on the A330 as well though.

Virgin Upper Class on the 747 is also very good although I prefer to be in the front of the plane instead of the upper deck.

BA Club World was very Meh! and I won't be rushing back there.

So, if all things were equal and I was going to MCO then that would rule out Etihad. Without hesitation I would choose Virgin Atlantic. I think the service is better in Virgin Atlantic compared to BA as I've never had bad service on Virgin but I've experienced bad service (and food) on BA.
Fra is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jul 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

BA Club on the A350...

Next Trip Feb '20
Jun 98 Apr 99 Dec 99 Apr 00 Mar 03 Jun/Jul 04 Dec/Jan 05/06 Jul 06 Dec 06 Jun/Jul 08 Jun/Jul 09 Jul/Aug 11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May'18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept'19 Villa/AKL
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
APs in hand.. Back for Rise of the Resistance
Unread 4 Jul 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fra View Post
Etihad business was excellent especially on the A380, was still really good on the A330 as well though.

Virgin Upper Class on the 747 is also very good although I prefer to be in the front of the plane instead of the upper deck.

BA Club World was very Meh! and I won't be rushing back there.

So, if all things were equal and I was going to MCO then that would rule out Etihad. Without hesitation I would choose Virgin Atlantic. I think the service is better in Virgin Atlantic compared to BA as I've never had bad service on Virgin but I've experienced bad service (and food) on BA.
Hi Fra, I like that threads of this calibre produce differing opinions and experience. We're VA travellers due to their PE product (sadly that'll be ending soon tho due to new aircraft/refits of existing fleet) but had appalling UC food on our May 2017 flight to the UK. Crew, as always, were canny but UC food was totally inedible. I opted for steak, the US chef had used boot sole, all returned, as we'd been served last there was absolutely nothing to eat, crew admitted they'd tried to cut the steak and given up! Hubs given seared tuna that was still frozen solid, back it went. Water for tea/coffee was, at best, tepid for the whole journey, so no hot drinks. I wonder if there was a problem heating UC ovens on that flight. Had some grotty airline food over the years, and whilst our UC meal was by far the worst we're still VA travellers, but carry a Boots Meal Deal, even when in UC
Unread 5 Jul 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
VIP Dibber

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
BA for me, I love the ones by the window (even though youre backwards!) as it feels so private. However, I was lucky enough to fly business class on Emirates to Dubai a couple of years back and that was an amazing experience that, in my opinion, knocked socks off BA!

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept 19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Tennis holiday with the girls!
Unread 7 Jul 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
BA for me, I love the ones by the window (even though youre backwards!) as it feels so private. However, I was lucky enough to fly business class on Emirates to Dubai a couple of years back and that was an amazing experience that, in my opinion, knocked socks off BA!
I like those backward seats, especially at the bulkhead end so I dont have to climb over someones legs. Ideal for me travelling solo.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Those of you who arent keen on BA Club World, Id like to know what it is specifically that you prefer in VA Upper Class or other airlines to Florida (ie indirect).

I might be tempted away from BA !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rockette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Those of you who arent keen on BA Club World, Id like to know what it is specifically that you prefer in VA Upper Class or other airlines to Florida (ie indirect).

I've used business class on AA, Air Canada, BA, Aer Lingus and VA. I go for whoever has the cheapest flight at the time.

Aer Lingus was my least favourite for journey time and the feeling of disappearing into a coffin when you lay down but lots of space. It's a really long day, both ways.

Air Canada and AA very similar style of seat to each other, really spacious, lots of small storage areas, privacy and both did immigration before Orlando so a huge plus (Toronto/Dublin). However AC used smaller Rouge planes (cramped even in PE) after Toronto but AA have been a mixture of first or continued in business after changing plane at PHL. When using AA I would then return via BA and skip the leg back to Dublin. I always fly to Dublin the night before on AA.

BA is far too cramped for me. My arm is constantly getting knocked when I have an aisle seat. I'm also worried about having to step over somebody so have never travelled backwards but worry it may be a bit claustrophobic.

I love the spacious cabin of VA but there isn't as much area around you as on AA/AC. However the thing that does it for me with VA is the lounge. Spa treatments and lovely food!

Sorry for burbling, I hope that's not too much waffle!

I-Drive 1982 - I-Drive 2007 - I-Drive 2009 - POR 2010 - OKW NYE 2011 - BCV/AKV 2012 - BCV/VB/OKW 2013 - BCR/BWV NYE 2013 - SSR/BCV 2014 - WBTA/NYC 2014 - BCV 2015 - BCV/OKW 2015 - BWV 2016 - WBTA/BCV 2016 - VWL/BCV 2017 - MED CRUISE 2017 - FANTASY/BLT/ BCV 2017 - BRV/BWV 2018 - AKV/CARIBBEAN CRUISE/BWV 2018 - BWV/VB/EBTA 2019 - BCV 2019
Rockette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Boardwalk hopefully!
Unread 14 Jul 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post

Hi Linda, never flown BA Club, and whilst we'd price consider, flying into LHR or LGW is a no-no, at a push we'll fly out, but I'll chew my arm off afore flying into any London airport again.