Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Apr 18, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisylou View Post
Does anyone know when the construction will be finished?
I have looked for November 2019 and still get the ‘we need to tell you something’ message about the construction.

Surely it will be completed by then?
I'm sure OPR and new bar areas/shop/check in etc will be open by then.

The Riviera/gondola work should be, but Disney won't confirm an end date - just incase works take longer than anticipated 😁
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
I didn’t realise until watching the video that there was a gondola station being built inbetween Jamaica and Aruba so it narrows down ‘best place’ a bit doesn’t it. I know Jamaica 45 is usually a recommended one for being close to the bridge to opr but not so much now.

Think we’ll pick a block in the middle of Jamaica and request that.
I know, such a shame, those rooms near the bridge in block 45 were ideal for getting to/from OPR. Didn't they used to be preferred rooms at one time? 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by QueenElsa View Post
was that the same FB group a few from here were banned from for being negative about the construction a year ago

I think we'll have a day of resort hopping in a few weeks so I will hopefully swing by and take a few photos etc
Hey QE - that's the one lol. I'd forgotten about that - ha ha.
Only positive reviews allowed 😂

Ahh you're going to Cabana Bay - fab! Love it there... & a cruise - brilliant!
Hope you have a lovely holiday. 😊
Old 7 Apr 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Just a bit more info for anyone going this summer.

As well as the Skyline tower being built between Jamaica and Aruba, I read earlier that another tower in being built behind Jamica 43, behind island markets area.

Depending on when you are going the works could be in progress or finished, but just bear it in mind.

😳

Edited at 07:52 PM.
Old 7 Apr 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisylou
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
I'm sure OPR and new bar areas/shop/check in etc will be open by then.

The Riviera/gondola work should be, but Disney won't confirm an end date - just incase works take longer than anticipated 😁
I wonder if Riveria will be open to non DVC members like OKW and SSR?
Lisylou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisylou View Post
I wonder if Riveria will be open to non DVC members like OKW and SSR?
Not sure - Disney haven't made any announcements about the Riviera yet!
Maybe they'll bring it up at D23 this year. That's when it was 'officially' announced last year 😊
Old 7 Apr 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Just a bit more info for anyone going this summer.

As well as the Skyline tower being built between Jamaica and Aruba, I read earlier that another tower in being built behind Jamica 43, behind island markets area.

Depending on when you are going the works could be in progress or finished, but just bear it in mind.

😂
That doesn’t leave many good blocks in Jamaica then, maybe Aruba would be a better request.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
That doesn’t leave many good blocks in Jamaica then, maybe Aruba would be a better request.
Maybe around the pool area in Jamaica might be ok, and the rooms just a bit back from the pool.

I didn't mean to put a laughy face on my post btw, have changed it. 😬

Edited at 08:00 PM.
Old 7 Apr 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Maybe around the pool area in Jamaica might be ok, and the rooms just a bit back from the pool.

I didn't mean to put a laughy face on my post btw, have changed it. 😬
I never noticed 😊 .

Thanks 😊 .
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

I am really concerned at the level of construction at CBR. When we booked in April 2017 the OPR area was meant to be finished in June 2018. The date then moved to August... then to the end of the year. The gondola hadn't been announced so technically the only official construction at the time of booking for the stay date should have been the riveria resort
The food tent, blocked pathways, noise.. concerns me.

I am now considering changing. Only option is to pay £200 to change to POFQ (this is from Disney via the travel agent). To pay to leave the resort because of slow progress, slipped schedules and unannounced construction angers me even more

Has anyone managed a change of resort free of charge? We had upgraded to DDP at time of booking.

What should we do? We'll be in the parks mostly but we plan to dine at resort on travel day, breakfast mostly at resort and have a few days of enjoying the pool / lunch mid afternoon at the resort in between park visits.
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List