Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Jun 20, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
bex272
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I’m considering booking a week at Atlantis as our Florida trip has been cancelled.

We’ve never been to Dubai before.

I’m looking at 29th August to 5th September, I know it’ll be very hot, does anybody have experience of that time of year? Will the water park be manageable in the heat? Bearing in mind we go to Florida every August and that heat doesn’t bother us.

I’ve checked BA holidays and Emirates holidays, BA is much cheaper for the same package but the flight times aren’t great. I see Emirates mentioned at lot, but what’s people’s experience of BA to Dubai?

I think the flight arrives just after midnight, how would this work with room access and half board entitlement?

We’d upgrade to premium economy and an imperial club room.

Price for the week got 2 adults 1 child is £4668, is that good?

I’m a dab hand at US holidays but totally out of my comfort zone with this one so no idea what to look out for and what’s a decent price.
It’s very hot that time of year but we’ve always been fine, water park will be ok but make sure you have pool shoes as the floor walking between rides in very hot.

We’ve been with both emirates and ba, emirates are a bit nicer but these days not so much that we’d pay more. The main difference we now find is that the airport terminal for ba isn’t as nice as the emirates one. As for arrival time, your price should include the night you arrive so you would go to the hotel and be given a room, we have arrived at this time before and rang and booked the holiday excluding the first night hotel and checked in to the premier inn at the airport for 1 night and went straight to the hotel the following morning, saved around £500. you will likely lose your half board entitlement for the day (check this as some hotels are one meal per day and some allow you to ‘roll them over’) and not be able to take advantage of club as it will be closed when you arrive. We now try and do a night flight and arrive around 7am, room has always been ready for us at the hotel when we check in and they’ve always allowed us to have breakfast when we arrive.

Price wise I’d say that’s reasonable with PE, maybe price up some of the Jumeirah hotels for a comparison which also include water park access. We like Zabeel Saray or Mina a’Salam, both good for children and offer dine around half board so bigger choice in restaurants. Both have club options. Often for club you can get a deal on upgrade when you arrive so we now don’t book it until we check in.

Also look at requirements due to COVID at the hotels, I know some have restrictions in place such as having to wear masks and limiting number of people in the pools, I’m not sure how that would work so may be worth getting more info.

Bex

Edited at 07:10 AM.
bex272 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I agree with Bex - have a good look at what Covid restrictions are in place at the moment and think about whether if the were still applicable when you travel would you be happy with them. The Dubai authorities have been really strict during their lockdown and although like us it is slowly being lifted things definitely aren't "normal". Hopefully be the end of August things will have changed again so keep an eye on the Dubai Government websitefor latest news.

mediaoffice.ae/en/news/2020/...avel-protocols
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bex272 View Post
It’s very hot that time of year but we’ve always been fine, water park will be ok but make sure you have pool shoes as the floor walking between rides in very hot.

We’ve been with both emirates and ba, emirates are a bit nicer but these days not so much that we’d pay more. The main difference we now find is that the airport terminal for ba isn’t as nice as the emirates one. As for arrival time, your price should include the night you arrive so you would go to the hotel and be given a room, we have arrived at this time before and rang and booked the holiday excluding the first night hotel and checked in to the premier inn at the airport for 1 night and went straight to the hotel the following morning, saved around £500. you will likely lose your half board entitlement for the day (check this as some hotels are one meal per day and some allow you to ‘roll them over’) and not be able to take advantage of club as it will be closed when you arrive. We now try and do a night flight and arrive around 7am, room has always been ready for us at the hotel when we check in and they’ve always allowed us to have breakfast when we arrive.

Price wise I’d say that’s reasonable with PE, maybe price up some of the Jumeirah hotels for a comparison which also include water park access. We like Zabeel Saray or Mina a’Salam, both good for children and offer dine around half board so bigger choice in restaurants. Both have club options. Often for club you can get a deal on upgrade when you arrive so we now don’t book it until we check in.

Also look at requirements due to COVID at the hotels, I know some have restrictions in place such as having to wear masks and limiting number of people in the pools, I’m not sure how that would work so may be worth getting more info.

Bex
Thanks for the advice.

One benefit of booking with BA is its deposit until 3 weeks before and we can cancel and take that as a voucher if we change our minds.

I’d only want to go without masks, restrictions etc so will only book something I can cancel.

Will take a look into staying at airport first night, although now sure if I can package that with BA. I’ll give it a go though.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
I agree with Bex - have a good look at what Covid restrictions are in place at the moment and think about whether if the were still applicable when you travel would you be happy with them. The Dubai authorities have been really strict during their lockdown and although like us it is slowly being lifted things definitely aren't "normal". Hopefully be the end of August things will have changed again so keep an eye on the Dubai Government websitefor latest news.

mediaoffice.ae/en/news/2020/...avel-protocols
Thanks
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
bex272
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the advice.

One benefit of booking with BA is its deposit until 3 weeks before and we can cancel and take that as a voucher if we change our minds.

I’d only want to go without masks, restrictions etc so will only book something I can cancel.

Will take a look into staying at airport first night, although now sure if I can package that with BA. I’ll give it a go though.
You can check a box on ba holidays website that says I only need a hotel for part of my stay then put the dates in for the day you want your hotel stay to start, either that or do it over the phone. I’ve booked a couple of BA holidays that I’ve had to change due to COVID and they have been excellent, no problem getting through to them and offered money back, to move the holiday or a voucher.

Bex
bex272 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bex272 View Post
You can check a box on ba holidays website that says I only need a hotel for part of my stay then put the dates in for the day you want your hotel stay to start, either that or do it over the phone. I’ve booked a couple of BA holidays that I’ve had to change due to COVID and they have been excellent, no problem getting through to them and offered money back, to move the holiday or a voucher.

Bex
We’ve had three trips cancelled now, all BA, they’ve been excellent which is why I’m happy to book with them.

Tried that and it saved £330 for that first night. But would still have the cost of airport hotel.

If flight is due to land 11:50pm Saturday would they class you as checking in Saturday? Or Sunday as you’d arrive at the hotel Sunday early hours.
Old 27 Jun 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
bex272
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve had three trips cancelled now, all BA, they’ve been excellent which is why I’m happy to book with them.

Tried that and it saved £330 for that first night. But would still have the cost of airport hotel.

If flight is due to land 11:50pm Saturday would they class you as checking in Saturday? Or Sunday as you’d arrive at the hotel Sunday early hours.
They’d class you as arriving Saturday if you book it as a package and don’t specify otherwise, so you would have the room ready for when you arrive. If you had a Sunday arrival at the hotel and arrived there at say 2am then technically they could make you wait until 3pm for a room as that is the check in time. We usually arrive in Dubai at 6am so get to the hotel at about 7-8am and have never had to wait for a room but if we did we’d just have breakfast and sit by the pool, not sure I’d chance it arriving in the middle of the night.
Old 18 Jul 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wondering what the chances are of Dubai being added to the list of countries exempt from quarantine anytime soon.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
Wondering what the chances are of Dubai being added to the list of countries exempt from quarantine anytime soon.
I’m wondering the same!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Us too 😬
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List