Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
QuickSilver
Unread 2 Apr 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

If\when enforced I'm guessing the airline may police; check_in swipe pp, names don't ESTA correspond, travel document discrepancy, which I appreciate may read lame for a missing second/other middle names, but it's US rules, chances are pax will be refused boarding and a fully completed ESTA required, with the enforced 72 hour ESTA rule that's when problems may arise. As many were/remain unaware of the updated name question it may be enforcement could begin just as quietly.

I'm passing this latest update onto family and friends (per Mole, if they do, I wonder if they won't enforce until late 2020, none know bar the US), it's a risk we'd be unwilling to take, but each to their own
Unread 3 Apr 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

Im torn now whether to just re-apply with our middle names, I think the chances of us not being allowed in are slim, but do i want to risk my 5k holiday for the sake of an extra 40. My DW says to wait till after Brexit to see what happens, im not sure what shes on about TBH as i doubt that will affect ESTAs.
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Universal this time
Unread 3 Apr 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby
slightly serious Dibber

From what I understand a lot of people in the US use unofficial middle names, such as their maiden name, which don't show on official documentation. Therefore the crackdown to exactly match the passport makes sense.

I've not read of anyone being refused entry for just putting their first name, however I redid mine just to be sure as $14 seemed a little amount to stop mw worrying.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I renewed our estas just after xmas did not put middle names and travelled to New York with no issues at all x
Mallky555 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Grove resort yet again :)
Unread 3 Apr 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovethemagic2
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Hi, we arrived yesterday, did our estas in July with no middles names and sailed through immigration, never been as quick 15 mins from getting off plane to going through.
Lovethemagic2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Roll July 2021!
Unread 3 Apr 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

PPM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Lovethemagic2 View Post
Hi, we arrived yesterday, did our estas in July with no middles names and sailed through immigration, never been as quick 15 mins from getting off plane to going through.
The middle name requirement didnt come into force on new ESTAs until October.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
RC Flying Corfu 1 week May 2 weeks Aug
Unread 4 Apr 19, 05:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
The middle name requirement didnt come into force on new ESTAs until October.
I read Oct too PPM, others say they can't definitively find out, asking the TSA returns a standard 'need middle names' reply. Guess time will tell.
Unread 4 Apr 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

PPM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Mole83 View Post
Im torn now whether to just re-apply with our middle names, I think the chances of us not being allowed in are slim, but do i want to risk my 5k holiday for the sake of an extra 40. My DW says to wait till after Brexit to see what happens, im not sure what shes on about TBH as i doubt that will affect ESTAs.
Brexit wont have any effect on ESTAs
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
RC Flying Corfu 1 week May 2 weeks Aug
Kenwood Travel