Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jan 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney_dreams2 View Post
Thank you, that is just awful what the school said, how can that be right? Hope your son is doing ok.
It saddens me to say that we always recommend to parents that their child is immediately taken to GP. We’ve had two phone calls from GPs who have taken time to call to complain that we shouldn’t have advised that. I have no medical training to advise people but they were very clear that we shouldn’t tell them. So sad and wrong I think.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
It saddens me to say that we always recommend to parents that their child is immediately taken to GP. We’ve had two phone calls from GPs who have taken time to call to complain that we shouldn’t have advised that. I have no medical training to advise people but they were very clear that we shouldn’t tell them. So sad and wrong I think.
Its terrible. Child support services are so underfunded right now
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
The sad state of affairs is that there is a lot of campaigns around mental health at the moment, not least the one last week with the Premier league late kick offs but in many cases, there is no one to talk to! We tried to get support for our son and his school, and I kid you not, said support is currently only provided after 2 suicide attempts?!?! LIKE WHAT?
That’s truly horrendous .
I will be forever grateful that our DD got help she needed at the right time and relatively nearby .
The hospital was in Altrincham, south Manchester.
The girl opposite was struggling so to try to help her she was relocated to a hospital in Edinburgh !
And her room at Altrincham was taken by a girl from Bristol

Heaven help youngsters who are struggling when there just isn’t enough provision for them
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Please talk to someone. It's great you have come on here but you need to let it out. I did counselling last year and found it wonderful. I would recommend that. Please go back to the doc. There is no shame in saying you need help xxx
Old 11 Jan 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Hi, have you been to the doctors? I really think that you should go. There are lots of questions that need to be asked that aren’t suitable for an open forum like this but someone who is in a position to help will be able to do an assessment and decide what will help you best. It may not be medication but also maybe it would be (alongside counselling) and that’s a discussion you can have with your healthcare professional.
Many areas have mental health support that you can self refer to- in our area it’s letstalk and is a community provided service, I think many areas have something similar and google may be your friend there.
Obviously if things come to feel more serious there is Samaritans but also your area will have a mental health crisis team. As it says it is for a crisis, when things have reached a very urgent point but if you feel really low and that you may take action on those feelings then they would be a good option to call. Again if you google your area and crisis team there will be contact details on the website.
I really hope that you pluck up the courage to go, mental health issues are very common in general practice now and the staff (either GP or ANP if you have them) will be very used to trying to help. You don’t have to feel like this and you will get to feel better, unfortunately it’s not a quick fix but most health conditions aren’t. Take care x
Evil queen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_dreams2
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
Hi, have you been to the doctors? I really think that you should go. There are lots of questions that need to be asked that aren’t suitable for an open forum like this but someone who is in a position to help will be able to do an assessment and decide what will help you best. It may not be medication but also maybe it would be (alongside counselling) and that’s a discussion you can have with your healthcare professional.
Many areas have mental health support that you can self refer to- in our area it’s letstalk and is a community provided service, I think many areas have something similar and google may be your friend there.
Obviously if things come to feel more serious there is Samaritans but also your area will have a mental health crisis team. As it says it is for a crisis, when things have reached a very urgent point but if you feel really low and that you may take action on those feelings then they would be a good option to call. Again if you google your area and crisis team there will be contact details on the website.
I really hope that you pluck up the courage to go, mental health issues are very common in general practice now and the staff (either GP or ANP if you have them) will be very used to trying to help. You don’t have to feel like this and you will get to feel better, unfortunately it’s not a quick fix but most health conditions aren’t. Take care x
Thank you, I haven't been since last year where it didn't go too well, but I am trying to build up the courage to go back.

Thank you for your kind words.
Disney_dreams2 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely go back. My dh is s changed man now he's on medication. Counselling wasn't for him but the tablets have lifted him out of the darkness and a v supportive gp. Please try again x
Old 25 Jan 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Hope you are doing well Disney Dreams
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes me too - it’s such a hard thing to do. Especially if last time it didn’t go so well. We are supporting my brother at the moment, as he has been going through a tough time over the past 14 months. He is now in medication, so hoping this will make some difference for him.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List