Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jan 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Originally Posted by Twinmumlowe View Post
So we’re doing a big family one off holiday looking at 19/10-07/11 this year but so far the flight prices have been awful! 🤦🏻😭 I’ve been tracking on Skyscanner and hopper but starting to loose my nerve - it’s around £650 pp does anyone think they’ll come down or do I just suck it up and book 😔
No idea what route that is? But £650ea would be a dream from Scotland.
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

So we’re doing a big family one off holiday looking at 19/10-07/11 this year but so far the flight prices have been awful! 🤦🏻😭 I’ve been tracking on Skyscanner and hopper but starting to loose my nerve - it’s around £650 pp does anyone think they’ll come down or do I just suck it up and book 😔
From London there are indirect flights from £300 each

From Manchester indirect is £435 on the Thursday.

The combination of Manchester, Saturday Departure and School Holiday = ££££

You'll need to be more flexible to get any significant saving.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinmumlowe
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

I’d considered indirect flights but worry that the kids will go loopy 😂 we’ve avoided weekend for outbound as know it can be more expensive and we’re a week either side of the October half term we can’t really be more flexible on the outbound dates 😕
How long is the drive from Miami?
Twinmumlowe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’re finding prices high as well! I’m waiting out until feb at least! Think Miami drive is just shy of three hours if I remember right... someone correct me if I’m Wrong haha
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
We’re finding prices high as well! I’m waiting out until feb at least! Think Miami drive is just shy of three hours if I remember right... someone correct me if I’m Wrong haha
Depends where in Orlando but nearer 4+ (took us over 3 from Fort Lauderdale)
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I’d considered indirect flights but worry that the kids will go loopy 😂 we’ve avoided weekend for outbound as know it can be more expensive and we’re a week either side of the October half term we can’t really be more flexible on the outbound dates 😕
How long is the drive from Miami?
We find a break in flights actually helps.

We landed at 2.30pm had something to drink had a mess up with car hire left airport at 4.30 toe stops one sit down meal and got to Kissammee at around 915. First bits busy then quiet.

We did not book accom for first night as wanted to gauge how tired we would be and the last 1.5 hours there is no where to stay, about half way on our second stop I decided I was wok for the drive so booked acocm for that night there on ipad.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sorry you still haven't said from where ? £650 isn't exactly insane, it's not good but try pricing Virgin up from Scotland & you would think £650 was a bargain! We also paid £640 for Thomas Cook 4 years ago. 2 years ago at approx your dates we paid £540 Edi-LGW-MCO with BA, their prices do fluctuate quite a bit but that year for us the only time it was lower was on release.
Decide on a price you are happy with & grab it when it comes.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

I don't think £650pp is that bad for a direct flight if it's in school holidays. I might want it a bit cheaper, but that's not awful.

I'd consider indirect to save money if it's a problem, but I wouldn't do a return that connects in Europe - wouldn't want 8 hours on a plane overnight then have to wait for and get on another one. If it connected in the US then came home overnight that'd be ok.

As others have said, Miami is not a bad option if it's significantly cheaper - it's about a 3.5 hour drive up, but you might want to stay the night near the airport.