Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the replies. Interesting that seems to be the norm.The funeral home was closed when i phoned back so i went into the bigger branch in town and a lovely man there transferred them into a pretty scatter tube for me
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
When my dad died we were offered an urn which we got as we are keeping him until my mum dies so that they can be somewhere together, he is currently in my bedroom cupboard. That is awful that they didn't give you a choice or warn you how they would come.
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Ours came in a plastic bag inside a sealed plastic urn in a cardboard box and in a nice green fancy type carrier - we didn’t ask for anything special this is the standard our family ran undertaker must use .

I would have been very upset too as the ashes are remains and should be handled in a sensitive manner.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

When my mum died the funeral home asked what we wanted the ashes in , we bought a scatter tube from them and that was what they came in. You should have been offered that when the funeral arrangements were made.
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

This would freak me out but it’s interesting that it’s normal practice.

My dad had my mum’s ashes scattered at the crematorium although it would be nice to know where.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

It’s the shock that’s made you upset. It’s standard practise unless you ask otherwise. The issue is that unless you’ve been through this now on earth would you know?

I’m so sorry xx

When I picked up my dads ashes they were in a purple hexagonal tall plastic jar that reminded me so much of quality street I couldn’t stop laughing when they handed it to me. Grief makes you react strangely for sure
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Arielrocks, you are so right about laughing at the quality street box, my mums scatter tube made me think of shake n vac
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
It’s the shock that’s made you upset. It’s standard practise unless you ask otherwise. The issue is that unless you’ve been through this now on earth would you know?

I’m so sorry xx

When I picked up my dads ashes they were in a purple hexagonal tall plastic jar that reminded me so much of quality street I couldn’t stop laughing when they handed it to me. Grief makes you react strangely for sure
It's funny how your react isnt it? I collected my mums ashes 3 years ago and it was about 2 hours away. We decided to stop for lunch but we thought it wouldnt be polite to my mum to leave her in the boot. So we stopped at a motorway services and took my mum with us. We must have got some odd looks! We couldnt stop laughing as my mum would have found the whole thing hilarious×
Old 18 Jan 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Wow a plastic bag is a bit cold. I was suprised when they came in a plastic "urn" which looked like it should have contained sweets or dried milk rather than human remains. You'd have thought that the highly profitable funeral business would fork out a few more pennies for something a bit better than a bag.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Emmie2016 View Post
It's funny how your react isnt it? I collected my mums ashes 3 years ago and it was about 2 hours away. We decided to stop for lunch but we thought it wouldnt be polite to my mum to leave her in the boot. So we stopped at a motorway services and took my mum with us. We must have got some odd looks! We couldnt stop laughing as my mum would have found the whole thing hilarious×
Totally!

I needed back for life to carry my ‘quality street jar’ in but my Aldi bag felt too cheap. So I went to Waitrose to get a new one to carry him to the place we were scattering him too.

I still laugh about that part of the process
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List