Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jan 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Khandsley
Trying for More Ears

Accommodation on a budget

My SIL is looking to book Florida for 2 weeks in October. Can anyone recommend good apartment like accommodation on or close to I-drive
Khandsley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

I think most of the accommodation on I drive is budget to be honest , Rosen inn pointe is a good budget good location and good all rounder.
Old 21 Jan 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Another option is Floridays.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
The Thornes
Getting Excited

Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando is Great

We have always found Holiday Genie to be the best on price as well.
2014 Rosen Pointe Orlando
2017 Rosen Pointe Orlando - All Star Sports resort - Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Rosen Pointe Orlando - All Star Music - Hard Rock Hotel
2022 Rosen Pointe Orlando -Pop Century - Hard Rock Hotel
2023 Portofino Bay
The Thornes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
I suppose it depends on what the budget is really. Rosen Inn Pointe is inexpensive but not really apartment like. Floridays has nice apartments but not particularly inexpensive. Its also right at the Lake Buena Vista end of idrive so quiet and pleasant but potentially a bit isolated . The Point is similar price and quality ( pool not so nice) but located more at the universal ish end of idrive. The Enclave Suites are inexpensive apartments on idrive but reviews are variable. Does it absolutely have to be idrive? The Blue Tree in Lake Buena Vista is decent apartments, walking distance of supermarket, range of restaurants and Disney Springs ( just). It occasionally comes up at a good price. Cypress Pointe is nearby and similar ( has a better pool) maybe slightly more pricey.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
STRESSED MOTHER
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Khandsley View Post
My SIL is looking to book Florida for 2 weeks in October. Can anyone recommend good apartment like accommodation on or close to I-drive
Have a look at Homewood Suites 8745 I Drive- suites have a separate bedroom and a pull out bed in the lounge and a full kitchen and also free breakfast and mon thru Thursday evening reception with snacks and alcohol- stayed quite a few times now - great location for walking to restaurants etc
STRESSED MOTHER is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
If you posted what the budget is it would help to find something for them. I wouldn't say any of the apartment style accommodation is budget friendly these days but everyone has their own ideas on what budget means.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
everyone has their own ideas on what budget means.
this!

@OP define what budget per night is in your SIL's situation
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
iang27
Getting Excited

Mobile

We have stayed at a few reasonably price hotels near Pointe Orlando.
We would not stay at any that don’t have great reviews but wait until we can grab a bargain.
One of the best is the Hampton Inn Convention Centre.
It has spacious rooms, very clean, excellent reviews and free hot/cold breakfast which saves quite a lot over a fortnight or more.
For peak season it was between £1500/£1800 for two weeks but there are flash sales and you need to grab them as soon as they are listed.
We got two weeks July/Aug for £800 from a company called Stayforlong.
Hyatt place is nice as well but no bargains at the moment.
iang27 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We had a similar brief for last May.
We ended up with the Enclave suites
Definitely an older hotel , has both studios and 2 bedroom units, two pools , free breakfast, free shuttles to Universal and Seaworld which seemed very punctual (didn’t use them , we used Lyft). Bit dated but lovely and clean ,unusually for I Drive all rooms have balcony.
Cost ... I’ve rebooked in a studio in September there £200 including taxes total for three nights.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List