Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jan 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The Golfer View Post
when i lived in Florida I clocked up 189K in 12mths
@15k a month !
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
My mileage was never that high and I live in a City and most f what I do is close by.
Since retiring, I am using my bicycle for most journeys and my milage will reduce much further to maybe 1200 miles per year. I will cycle more this year than drive. Keeping my milage low will help my car keep its value.
kudos for the cycling although a car that does @100 mile a month whilst has low mileage would really need to be driven a bit more to keep it in top condition, especially if its a diesel..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

I have a 65 plate Aygo. No sooner had I bought it than my knee went, followed by a couple of years when I couldn’t bend it so couldn’t get in / out / change gear. Had my knee replaced, on some days I still find it hard to bend enough to change gear.

Result, it has only done 3,000 miles and most of those are DH taking it out a couple of times a week. I wouldn’t be without it though - I bought it outright, no tax and low insurance and there if I need it. DH has an automatic but I’m not happy driving it.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
kudos for the cycling although a car that does @100 mile a month whilst has low mileage would really need to be driven a bit more to keep it in top condition, especially if its a diesel..
It is a petrol. It isn't the milage that keeps the condition, but regular use so things dont seize. And a decent run now an again.
At sale time, for the type of car, it's the milage and service history will matter. Along as it still looks perfect.

Edited at 08:26 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Similar to above, 2.5k miles in the car, about 4-5k miles cycling (actually there’s a challenge, make sure I end the year with double bike to car miles)
gl20 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

My car is a 66 reg and has less than 14k ( to cold to go out to get true figure ) it’s not as low as some but not bad I use it daily.
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

We only use our car once or twice a week. It’s 18 months old with 2,500 miles.

We both walk to work, and tend to take the train or bus into town.

We use it to go further afield eg to my sisters in Reading but only a few times a year.

I didn’t drive at all for four years so got used to it, and I wonder now if I could do without it completely.
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

My mum got her new car last January and she has done just over 600 miles!
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Yes me

I hardly do any miles but wouldn’t be without my car 🚗
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Me. My car is 7 years old and has 8k on the clock. Long journeys are the train or DHs car and my commute for this period is a 10 minute drive when there is no traffic.