Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Unread 22 Jan 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Butterbeer
Earning More Ears

I am also waiting for book flights for September (looks like we'll be going a few days before you!), although we are much closer to Gatwick than Manchester, which I know is coming out cheaper. We want to fly with Virgin, but are looking at economy not premium economy, and prices are currently 517 per person for us. I was really hoping to get it for a bit cheaper than this, based on prices I've seen people getting in previous years. I imagine the price probably won't go down now as more seats get booked up and with no Thomas Cook around? I don't know whether to just book at 517. Decisions decisions ...
Butterbeer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ September 2020 :)
Unread 22 Jan 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
VIP Dibber

September prices are still pretty high from Gatwick too at the moment. We've always managed around the 400 mark for September (economy) but without Thomas cook i'm expecting it will be higher this year.

Last year it was around mid April when we booked our flight for September so you just have to keep checking and watching. (and once you've booked don't look again!)

kellsbells is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Next stop AKL
Unread 22 Jan 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
slightly serious Dibber

Jack&LucysMumy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have you looked at flights from Glasgow? We have flown from there the last couple of years. I think it's a fabulous Airport and the journey isn't that bad straight down the m6. Might be worth a look.
We booked last year after the sales in Feb as it was cheaper then the sale prices.
Unread 22 Jan 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

you have plenty of time yet, September prices will come down a little i think.
Hold your nerve and see what happens - not sure why you think flying PE will ensure it is a good flight

June 2006, August 2007, September 2018, January 2019, September 2019
lizzie145 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to Disney
Unread 22 Jan 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Our last flight was bad in respect of being crampt into economy, I was in the middle and felt Ill by the time we landed, I had awful back ache and stomach cramps and couldn't move anywhere.. and no I wasn't I'll it was just the flight... that is why I want premium.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May 2018!
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time with QSDP, CSR here we come!
Unread 22 Jan 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Maybe not good but maybe a bit more comfortable...

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May 2018!
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time with QSDP, CSR here we come!
Unread 22 Jan 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
slightly serious Dibber

I completely understand where you are coming from- we only want to fly Premium from Manchester next year too and I am dreading to think what the prices will be when the flights are released in June.
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Operation Anniversary Trip
Unread 22 Jan 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
slightly serious Dibber

We've budgeted up to 1k each for PE flights for our trip next August -I will of course be actively looking to get it cheaper but from tracking prices over last couple of years, this seems to be the norm for that time of year direct. Last year, our PE flights with BA were 820pp and that was flying from Manchester on 24 August with a stopover in Gatwick. It would have been more if it had been direct from Gatwick

I think if you don't want to consider going indirect or flying from or into other locations other than MAN-MCO than you will have little scope to do much about the prices.

Have you tried tracking the flights through Google Flights? It help us nab cheap flights to Florence this year as it alerted us when the price dropped.

Edited at 03:31 PM.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cheeky Disney fix @DLP before WDW 2021
Attraction Tickets