Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Jan 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ctolli
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile HS Rope Drop from BC

Hi
We are staying at Beach Club and want to get to HS in good time for 9am opening/rope drop on 29th Mar (our first day!). Looking to get there at 8:20. Has anyone walked, taken the boat or used Uber/Lyft at that time? I’m wondering if the walk will tire my kids out (7 & 4*) or if the boat is reliable then?
(* probably have buggy for 4yo).

Incidentally, when we booked our ADR 180 days ago HS had EMH on that day. 3 weeks ago Disney changed it to late hours. Grrrr!
ctolli is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

If your priority is to get on ROR at opening. I would try to get there as early as possible.
Your first day you will be up early anyway so the boats might not have even started if you are ready to go at 6am.

I would Uber/Lyft for $20 or whatever it is. The Minnie Vans are cool and you can get a discount code. Also the boats are good but can be slow. I would not want to risk it.

According to google maps it would be 30 mins walk beach club to ROR. Which is quite a walk to begin your vacation.

Edited at 12:16 PM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post

I have never been convinced that walking to HS from Beach Club / Yacht Club is a good idea. It looks to be too far to me, bearing in mind the amount of walking that will be done around parks. I prefer to conserve my energy getting there.

Personally I would be happy with the boat, but if it is still crazy busy getting the boarding groups then yes I would consider some paid transport.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ctolli
Dancing with Tink'

Thanks Guys! Seeing as it's our first day & we'd like to make the most of it (and keep it nice and easy) then Uber/Lyft looks like the best option.
Cheers
ctolli is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
diamondgal
VIP Dibber

I’ve done that walk and it took 20 minutes. I beat one of boats too so it’s very doable. I was on my own though. My DH had forgotten to lock the room safe so he took the kids ahead on the boat and I locked the safe and then walked as I couldn’t be bothered to wait for another boat.
diamondgal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Admiral Joe
Proud to wear my Ears

We love the walk from the Beach Club to DHS. First stop is Boardwalk Bakery to get a coffee and pastry for the walk, then you can take a shortcut through the grounds of the Boardwalk Inn. From there on it's a nice, and not all that long a walk along the side of the river. If you are aiming to get there for rope drop then the temperature is that bit cooler too.

The journey back is a different story. After walking around the park for hours and the afternoon heat, the boat is a must. Having said that, I am looking forward to giving the Skyliner a try for the return journey.
Admiral Joe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Perfectly doable walk, done it many, many times.

No advantage to getting there early, the boarding system opens for everyone at opening, you could rock up at a minute before or camp overnight & you’d have the same shot at it. Assuming it’s still on boarding groups by then of course.
PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

according to Touring Plans

'If you definitely want to ride Rise of the Resistance (and trust us, you do), get to Hollywood Studios 60-90 minutes before the park officially opens. That way you will be through security and the front gates well before the park opens and the Boarding Groups go live. That will also position you well to ride either Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run or Slinky Dog Dash as your first ride while you wait for your Boarding Group to get called.'
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ctolli
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Thanks again. Our RD is mainly to get on some TSL rides w/o FP (the FP change yesterday may have helped). And yes, with regard to ROTR BG, I was thinking you prob don’t need to get there mega early for the BG - just be inside at opening time, get on MDE and hope for the best!
Old 24 Jan 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ctolli View Post
Thanks again. Our RD is mainly to get on some TSL rides w/o FP (the FP change yesterday may have helped). And yes, with regard to ROTR BG, I was thinking you prob don’t need to get there mega early for the BG - just be inside at opening time, get on MDE and hope for the best!
Current advice also is to use data rather than Wi-fi, which doesn’t help us Brits! Or be near a customer relations point when you try so they can help if you run into trouble.

Hopefully it’ll calm slightly during the more quiet times. We were there for opening but didn’t bother, at that point it was still hoards of people getting there at 4.30am, not my idea of a holiday, I’d rather leave it till a subsequent trip.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List