Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Kenwood Travel
Unread 22 Jan 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Just to add that the neighbours are reluctant to get involved due to the nature of the dog owner. The police have been called there in the past and I have actually had the son (early twentys) pull up outside our house revving his engine whilst glaring and mouthing at me from his car trying to intimidate me. I did threaten to call the police so he did drive off.

The dogs owners partner has nothing to do with the dog, her dog is kept indoors as a pet. When he works away the dog is completely ignored and cries more than ever.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our next WDW trip
Unread 22 Jan 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Clairelovestate
Very Serious Dibber

So the RSPCA will only get involved if there is a breach of the 5 freedoms in the Animal Welfare 2006. Due to the nature of the legislation its very vague so its extremely hard to prosecute someone and only very extreme cases get to court, plus there are not many RSPCA welfare officers, so what we as the general public think is poor, doesnt necessarily mean they can do anything. The only way they will act is video footage of the man beating the dog.

Personally keep going with the council. When an investigation ends and the barking starts immediately log it again. I think it will be the only way this will get resolved.
You might also have a dog warden for the area, and calling them for advise or to see if they can have a word might be an idea too. Im not sure if they can do this but it might be worth a shot.

It sounds awful and as an animal lover is awful to hear this happening, I hope it gets resolved soon for you and the poor dog.

Just to say I dont work for the RSPCA, I study animal management and know the Animal Welfare Act well. 🙂

Edited at 09:47 PM.
Clairelovestate is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disneyland Paris!
Unread 22 Jan 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Pieces
Imagineer

Pieces's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

As a last resort, If the rspca didnt step in and the animal continues to be abused, I would go as far and recording it and putting it up on social media, especially a local page. Nobody likes someone that abuses animals. Hopefully this would shame the owners enough into doing something about it.
Unread 22 Jan 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Oh poor you ,that's just awful...some people are so inconsiderate!
macdonald is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Grand Floridian
Unread 24 Jan 20, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pieces View Post
As a last resort, If the rspca didnt step in and the animal continues to be abused, I would go as far and recording it and putting it up on social media, especially a local page. Nobody likes someone that abuses animals. Hopefully this would shame the owners enough into doing something about it.
Good idea. We have a neighbourhood association FB page and its amazing what sort of stuff people post. Very often they get some good ideas or practical help. Definitely worth a go.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 20, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We are leaving coy here in n Scotland ( we have 3 dogs ) a dog continually barking no matter were its housed even n your own private property for more than 20 mins continually can result in a order to with help and support to curb the behaviour or action may be taken against owners
We are a small street 6 houses 12 dogs if one of them barks something is wrong 2 of these dogs live outside huge run walked miles
Most social dogs in the street are always lost to bark as they are not
Bored and well looked after
If our neighbors are out and they bark we know its for a reason
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going coast to coast with Hawaii too
Unread 24 Jan 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I posted off my diaries to the council yesterday so fingers crossed 🤞🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our next WDW trip
Unread 24 Jan 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkyoshi
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I dont understand how the dog owners partner can tolerate this-if her own dog is presumably well looked after, how can she let the other dog be left outside and treated like that?

Any way you could just take the dog and rehome him yourself? Not very ethical I know but this sounds like an awful situation for the dog and you.
pinkyoshi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Chicago and Boston