Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jan 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Signed and forwarded to friends. We live in Fife and my son takes our grandchildren there every weekend. Fife council are the pits. They think nothing of spending in excess of £2 million on a new centre for their transport services but are unable to fix pot holes in the road.
Don't get me started on the destruction of villages by allowing building on green sites.
Old 23 Jan 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Signed and forwarded to friends. We live in Fife and my son takes our grandchildren there every weekend. Fife council are the pits. They think nothing of spending in excess of £2 million on a new centre for their transport services but are unable to fix pot holes in the road.
Don't get me started on the destruction of villages by allowing building on green sites.
Thank you so much. We love the Beacon it's got a buzz about it that still feels personal unlike the fancy new centres which are lovely but dont quite feel the same. We spend on average 10 hours a week there between training for them, junior gym and land training. It's always buzzing with folk pottering around.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JamesL
VIP Dibber

JamesL's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by prugone View Post
Signed up! Perhaps some of these councils could preferably save money by getting rid of some of the overpaid, incompetent executives that seem to prevail!
Seriously? Pretty offensive to the public servants that work very hard to deliver your services.
Old 23 Jan 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

Mobile

Signed
bluesky30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Done babe ❤️ I'll get all my friends and family to sign too!

D xx

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Signed, will never understand how those in power prattle on about wanting people to be fitter and more active then they want to shut down facilities like this to save a few bob.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks so much everyone. We are over 2.5k signatures in 24 hours. The courier are coming to the club training session on Sunday to do a piece on them and how vital the pool is from that point of view.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
They want this one to close so that one 15 mins along the road (newer) will be busier but the newer one isnt a leisure pool at all. We train there too and its lovely but very different, doesnt have a car park and isnt very disabled friendly to say the least. Not sure what they would do with it after that. The land it's on isnt probably ideal for housing but who knows.
Out of curiosity what else is in the area? I can think of Cowdenbeath, Carnegie and Kirkcaldy (or did they close that one?)

I wouldn't want a house so close to the links, but I could see the attraction of being right at the beach. I suspect it would be very expensive to demolish the building and fill in the pool. Flats with a private pool maybe?!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
Seriously? Pretty offensive to the public servants that work very hard to deliver your services.
I think you missed the word 'executives'!
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
Out of curiosity what else is in the area? I can think of Cowdenbeath, Carnegie and Kirkcaldy (or did they close that one?)

I wouldn't want a house so close to the links, but I could see the attraction of being right at the beach. I suspect it would be very expensive to demolish the building and fill in the pool. Flats with a private pool maybe?!
Yeah we have carnegie and cowdenbeath both of which have had hours slashed already and kirkcaldy. All of those are fab pools but not the same as the beacon with the leisure side of it. I think the shows would put a lot of people off buying on that site. Not something I'd want literally on my door step all summer but who knows. They're back pedalling a bit now so we shall see!

ETA they did close the old kirkcaldy pool and built a new leisure centre on the prom with no car park on site!