Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 23 Jan 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JamesL
VIP Dibber

JamesL's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by prugone View Post
Signed up! Perhaps some of these councils could preferably save money by getting rid of some of the overpaid, incompetent executives that seem to prevail!
Seriously? Pretty offensive to the public servants that work very hard to deliver your services.
Unread 23 Jan 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

Mobile

Signed
bluesky30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
More Mallorca miles
Unread 23 Jan 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Done babe ❤️ I'll get all my friends and family to sign too!

D xx

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Oh Look... Disney again...
Unread 23 Jan 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Signed, will never understand how those in power prattle on about wanting people to be fitter and more active then they want to shut down facilities like this to save a few bob.
Labboy is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

toots82's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks so much everyone. We are over 2.5k signatures in 24 hours. The courier are coming to the club training session on Sunday to do a piece on them and how vital the pool is from that point of view.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Windwood Dreamin'
Unread 23 Jan 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollie04
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
They want this one to close so that one 15 mins along the road (newer) will be busier but the newer one isnt a leisure pool at all. We train there too and its lovely but very different, doesnt have a car park and isnt very disabled friendly to say the least. Not sure what they would do with it after that. The land it's on isnt probably ideal for housing but who knows.
Out of curiosity what else is in the area? I can think of Cowdenbeath, Carnegie and Kirkcaldy (or did they close that one?)

I wouldn't want a house so close to the links, but I could see the attraction of being right at the beach. I suspect it would be very expensive to demolish the building and fill in the pool. Flats with a private pool maybe?!
Hollie04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
Seriously? Pretty offensive to the public servants that work very hard to deliver your services.
I think you missed the word 'executives'!
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida for 41 years and still going
Unread 23 Jan 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

toots82's Reviews
Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
Out of curiosity what else is in the area? I can think of Cowdenbeath, Carnegie and Kirkcaldy (or did they close that one?)

I wouldn't want a house so close to the links, but I could see the attraction of being right at the beach. I suspect it would be very expensive to demolish the building and fill in the pool. Flats with a private pool maybe?!
Yeah we have carnegie and cowdenbeath both of which have had hours slashed already and kirkcaldy. All of those are fab pools but not the same as the beacon with the leisure side of it. I think the shows would put a lot of people off buying on that site. Not something I'd want literally on my door step all summer but who knows. They're back pedalling a bit now so we shall see!

ETA they did close the old kirkcaldy pool and built a new leisure centre on the prom with no car park on site!
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Windwood Dreamin'