Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Discount Florida Car Hire
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 22 Jan 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
Jaxx
Earning My Ears
 
Jaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 19
Honeymoon 2020-fully booked!

After 18 (yes 18!) years together, OH and I are finally getting married in September this year. Having a small family wedding then off to NYC and Orlando!

Itinery so far:

3 nights NYC
3 nights at Universal RPR
7 nights at Yacht Club, with DDP.

We've both been to New York many times before, so happy to potter around there but will be our first time in Orlando , so lots to read up on

Have found this forum to be so helpful and informative, so plan is to read more trip reports, appreciate that you can only do so much when there and keep checking the Dibb
Jaxx is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Honeymoon
Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 20, 05:33 AM  
Link to this Post
#2
Claudette
Imagineer
 
Claudette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 18
Location: Hertfordshire

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Sounds like a very nice trip. I am doing NYC and Orlando in April for my birthday. I have written dibb reviews (links under my name /avatar) for the hotels you mention, both excellent choices.

Edited at 08:29 AM.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NY & Disney 2020
Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
#3
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Tinkermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 14
Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
After 18 (yes 18!) years together, OH and I are finally getting married in September this year. Having a small family wedding then off to NYC and Orlando!

Itinery so far:

3 nights NYC
3 nights at Universal RPR
7 nights at Yacht Club, with DDP.

We've both been to New York many times before, so happy to potter around there but will be our first time in Orlando , so lots to read up on

Have found this forum to be so helpful and informative, so plan is to read more trip reports, appreciate that you can only do so much when there and keep checking the Dibb
I lived in NYC for over a year and its still very much my favourite city in the world, as youve been before you probably have a plan but if you need any suggestions please shout.

The Yacht Club is lovely, my main tip would be not to expect to do everything, dont rush to fit too much in. Make sure you plan some down time in your stay to enjoy your hotel.

Have an amazing time
__________________
Dreams are forever - Tinkerbell
Tinkermom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The quick one...
Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
#4
Jaxx
Thread Starter
Earning My Ears
 
Jaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 19
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Sounds like a very nice trip. I am doing NYC and Orlando in April for my birthday. I have written dibb reviews (links under my name /avatar) for the hotels you mention, both excellent choices.
Thanks Claudette. I will check out your reviews!
Jaxx is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Honeymoon
Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
#5
Jaxx
Thread Starter
Earning My Ears
 
Jaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 19
Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
I lived in NYC for over a year and its still very much my favourite city in the world, as youve been before you probably have a plan but if you need any suggestions please shout.
Thanks! Its ours too! We haven't been for maybe 3/4 years, so I'm sure there's been many changes in that short time!

Yacht Club is lovely, my main tip would be not to expect to do everything, dont rush to fit too much in. Make sure you plan some down time in your stay to enjoy your hotel.

Have an amazing time
Oh absolutely! We've tried to prioritise the things we really want to do (HW Studios/Galaxy's Edge, Epcot food and wine) and then just enjoy the other parks at our leisure!
Jaxx is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Honeymoon
Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber
 
Potterer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 14
Sounds bliss!

We love RPR and have stayed twice. Easy walk to the park or a leisurely boat ride. Plus lots of places to eat at Citywalk.
__________________
May 2014 POR
April 2016 HRH & POR
August 2018 Springhill Suites, RPR Club level, POR
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

theDIBB Menu

American Attractions

US Dollar Rates
Covent Garden FX  $1.2744
FAIRFX  $1.2615
John Lewis  $1.2788
M&S  $1.2579
Post Office  $1.2515
Sainsburys  $1.2683
Travelex  $1.2593
Updated: 02:30 27/02/2020

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,085
£

Euro Rates
Covent Garden FX  €1.1683
FAIRFX  €1.1600
John Lewis  €1.1760
M&S  €1.1572
Post Office  €1.1447
Sainsburys  €1.1676
Travelex  €1.1592
Updated: 02:30 27/02/2020

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Wed 26th Feb 9:31pm
Now: 17C/63F
Light Rain
Light Rain
Cloud Cover: 90%
Rainfall: 0.51mm
Wind: 3mph - NW Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1015mb
Humidity: 93%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 02:30 27/02/2020