Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Jan 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rkmriddell
Staying in the Castle

Disney / Universal as a single parent

Hi everyone

So - situation has changed slightly and the family we were going with are no longer going. This means i'll be going as a single mom with my three boys - 11, 11 and 4. We've 10 days with DDP at Coronado Springs and then 4 days at Pacific Loews. We're flying virgin and have booked into the bubble.

So this has obviously turned things on it's head a little. So i'm after tips please? We're not looking for the massively scary stuff, but it's made it feel a little more overwhelming... what are your best tips, where to start? I feel like i'll need some planning to make it work.

Thanks everyone
Rkmriddell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I think weather you go as a single parent or a family, there is still almost the same planning. The hardest bit is apart from the Dibb family, you havent anyone else to bounce ideas off, unless you have other family that know Disney well.

It really depends on your children. Are they well behaved, wander around, or do you need several eyes and pairs of hands.

Always remember how ever stressed you get, it will be worth it and a magical time away.

Make lists, check your lists. Plan and check your plans. Dont over fill your days and give yourself plenty of open time to adjust things while you are there.

May also be worth keeping an ear out as its very common to find other people you know will be there at some stage during your trip.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

I took my 2 kids on my own in October at 7&11 and again at 8&12 we did Disney and had a great time! Hopefully your two 11 yr olds will be able to help out a bit and as a party of 4 you’re the perfect size group for most rides 👍. Have a look at the busy day guides to help plan days and ask your kids what they want to see/do so that everyone feels invested and included so you’re “in it together “.
Do you have any specific concerns that people can help with?
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List