Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jan 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We got married in June 1992 and almost 28 years later we still use the cutlery set my chief bridesmaid bought us.
We’ve lost all but one of the teaspoons (why do they always go missing! ) but it’s been used almost daily since then.

Also still use the electric carving knife and have some Denby jugs.
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
My mum has an electric whisk still in use she bought around my birthday it’s 52
not a wedding gift but I have my nans electric whisk and I think that is around 50 years old too. Is your mum's a moulinex ?
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
A wooden chopping board from 1988 is still going strong and a few cups and plates still in use as well as all my good Royal Doulton china which only comes out on special occasions.

Edited at 12:27 AM.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
stevekath
Imagineer

We have been married for 30 years and quite a few things are still around..

Ironing board
Royal Albert china dinner service (to be fair we only use it for Christmas and special occasions but haven't broken a single piece)
Sabatier knives
Viner stainless steel cutlery

Our original set of copper-bottomed saucepans were only thrown away a few months ago - the actual pans were fine but the handles and gone wobbly so decided they were getting too dodgy to use any more

Sadly most of the above has outlived the friends & relatives who bought them for us

stevekath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

We have a teapot from boots that was a wedding present from one of our bridesmaids that is still in full working order! The matching mugs are long gone!
We have been married 28 yrs!

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Married 52ys, as it was an early 1960's wedding we were bought a great deal of Viners stainless steel ware Still use the meat plate, vegetable dishes serviette rings on high days and holidays. The toast rack, cruet set and milk and sugar set are still in daily use!
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We got married at Gretna Green so specifically asked for no gifts as the hotel/travel was already an expense for our family and friends.

We kindly had some money in cards and bought an Arthur Price cutlery set in a box with it. It was quite expensive but I still love it. It comes down for special occasions and hopefully it’ll be something we can pass on in the distant future.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Married my first husband in 1978 and someone bought us a cutlery set and there are still 2 knives and forks no idea where the rest of it went though.

Married my second husband in 1988 and his parents bought us a food processor which I still use.
We also have a crystal vase which was a wedding gift from some of DH friends
DH still has a Denby set of 6 coffee cups and saucers which were a wedding present when he married his first wife also in 1978.
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

We married in 1976 so 44 years ago and still use the rolling pin given to me by my cousins children (was decorated very prettily but I removed those and put it to practical use)... I also have a towel from M&S as part of a set bought by my work colleagues, still used for the dogs now...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We still use our Denby dinner plates everyday. Remarkably few chips or breakages for 22 years. The pattern was discontinued almost as soon as we were married so we can’t replace anything if it were to break.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List