Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jan 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Thats awful of VH. Seem to remember that a lot of people had the same issue with them last year where they overbooked against their allocation at Disney hotels, so may be worth looking through older threads to see what outcomes people had with them and how they got it.

If they are offering you offsite i would work out the extra costs that you will have to pay - ie. Uber fares to and from parks. Airport transfers if no longer entitled to DME , if yu are loosing out on meal plan and take this as a starting point to barter with. If AKL is costing them £900 extra, you could argue that it will be costing you x amount extra for all of the above to stay off site so it should be taken off the cost straight away.

Good luck xx
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

There is a LOT more Virgin can do. Keep pushing and don’t let them fob you off.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
allymc316
Getting Excited

I would push them for AKL, You booked a holiday onsite, In a hotel they offered and paid for it.

They now say there is no availability after 10 days... Why not next day?

If the only onsite hotel is AKL and it costs extra then im afraid that is their tough titty. They are in breach of your contract. Possibly explain to them that it will be costing them a lot more than the £900 if you have to take them to court for breach of contract. If you wanted to cancel you holiday after 10 days would they just give you a full refund? or would they enforce the contract and keep your deposit.

Just cause the shoes on the other foot does not mean you cant kick them in the a$$ with it. Stick to your guns, your not at fault
allymc316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

They can do 8 nights POR, but won't do 9 at AKL.
First 2 nights I've asked for Sapphire Falls so the Holiday is still nice, but they want £200.
Not willing to budge.

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

I have outlined my CEO email to the service manager who is now going to the MDs office to discus further.

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
allymc316
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Emma & Lloyd View Post
They can do 8 nights POR, but won't do 9 at AKL.
First 2 nights I've asked for Sapphire Falls so the Holiday is still nice, but they want £200.
Not willing to budge.
Can they not do 8 nights in POR and then book you in AKL for the last 2 nights?

That way you get onsite for the full time, and it costs them less to rectify THEIR MISTAKE.
allymc316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I have outlined my CEO email to the service manager who is now going to the MDs office to discus further.
Everything crossed for you.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

They have a finite pot, which it seems the 8 nights at POR is grabbing the lions share of.
They can go to an offsite for the two nights or £200 for Sapphire Falls. Or I can get All stars for 2 nights for £134 out of my pocket.

I just want what i booked.

Old 24 Jan 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I’ve spoken to their service team and for our 10 nights there is nothing onsite POR or similar. They have AKL for 9 of our nights but they aren’t willing to go that far as it’s about £900 more than they are willing to pay.
They have offered alternatives offsite!
They should pay the difference
It’s their mistake
Good luck
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

I literally don't have £200!