Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Unread 24 Jan 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

thepalmshotel/?utm_s...dium=orga nic

Anyone stayed here? the palms spa and hotel ?

Another BA offering
SussexFamily is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
thepalmshotel/?utm_s...dium=orga nic

Anyone stayed here? the palms spa and hotel ?

Another BA offering
Have heard very good things about the Palms, its in a great location. With budget no issue then I would take my pick of Eden Roc, Fontainebleau, Miami Beach Grand (further north than south beach if you get my meaning- youll need to taxi/drive to South Beach) or the Loews.
I would give the Ritz Carlton a miss- Key Biscayne is a drive out from everything. The beaches are amazing, the area is lovely, but its out of the way. The first 3 hotels are all in the same run on Collins Ave, right on the beach, lovely hotels.
The Loews is in South beach, perfect location, lovely hotel and pool, but it is a huge hotel. It is a little impersonal, but that doesnt bother me at all.
Have fun choosing!
Edited to add that I would avoid Coconut Grove if Cocowalk is still under construction, which I think it is looking on Tripadvisor. For us Cocowalk was the main choice of restaurants and shops in Coconu Grove. We turned up there 2 years ago, to eat at the Cheesecake Factory, and the whole mall was being demolished.

Edited at 05:01 PM.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MEGGYJOE
Imagineer

We stayed at Miami Beach a few years ago and loved it.
Unread 25 Jan 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HermioneFuzzle View Post
Have heard very good things about the Palms, its in a great location. With budget no issue then I would take my pick of Eden Roc, Fontainebleau, Miami Beach Grand (further north than south beach if you get my meaning- youll need to taxi/drive to South Beach) or the Loews.
I would give the Ritz Carlton a miss- Key Biscayne is a drive out from everything. The beaches are amazing, the area is lovely, but its out of the way. The first 3 hotels are all in the same run on Collins Ave, right on the beach, lovely hotels.
The Loews is in South beach, perfect location, lovely hotel and pool, but it is a huge hotel. It is a little impersonal, but that doesnt bother me at all.
Have fun choosing!
Edited to add that I would avoid Coconut Grove if Cocowalk is still under construction, which I think it is looking on Tripadvisor. For us Cocowalk was the main choice of restaurants and shops in Coconu Grove. We turned up there 2 years ago, to eat at the Cheesecake Factory, and the whole mall was being demolished.
Excellent info . VMT.
SussexFamily is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Excellent info . VMT.
Most welcome. Glad to help on here in some way. DH and I got married on Miami Beach at the Miami Beach Resort (15 years ago...). Its right next to The Grand Beach, Eden Roc, Fontainebleu. I love the area, its not within walking distance of restaurants, but the area is lovely. I wouldnt recommend the Miami Beach Resort now for the sole reason that it seemed dated when we went in 2 years ago, and you may have a healthier budget than that. But, I personally would have no qualms about staying there (wish we had the last time instead of the Fritz - you can enter your own rhyming nickname here- Hotel on South Beach!)
Im very jealous, would love to go back soon!
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
foodie53
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We stayed at the Delano on south beach - another 5 star - great location- loads bars restaurants around - but the pool is smaller than looks on website. Drinks $20 a small beer at the pool! Very trendy - felt quite old - young glamorous people around pool putting their pictures on Instagram etc!
foodie53 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to old key west
Unread 25 Jan 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
Apprentice Imagineer

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wel loved the Kimpton Surfcomber. Free drinks in the reception area every afternoon for guests and right on the beach. Close to loads of great restaurants. The rooms were compact but clean, parking is valet and offsite so you would need to factor the pricing in. We would absolutely return!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Austin Texas here we come!
Unread 25 Jan 20, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Wel loved the Kimpton Surfcomber. Free drinks in the reception area every afternoon for guests and right on the beach. Close to loads of great restaurants. The rooms were compact but clean, parking is valet and offsite so you would need to factor the pricing in. We would absolutely return!
The Kimpton chain hotels feature on BA
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less