Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Jan 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Excellent info . VMT.
Most welcome. Glad to help on here in some way. DH and I got married on Miami Beach at the Miami Beach Resort (15 years ago...). It’s right next to The Grand Beach, Eden Roc, Fontainebleu. I love the area, it’s not within walking distance of restaurants, but the area is lovely. I wouldn’t recommend the Miami Beach Resort now for the sole reason that it seemed dated when we went in 2 years ago, and you may have a healthier budget than that. But, I personally would have no qualms about staying there (wish we had the last time instead of the Fritz - you can enter your own rhyming nickname here- Hotel on South Beach!)
I’m very jealous, would love to go back soon!
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
foodie53
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We stayed at the Delano on south beach - another 5 star - great location- loads bars restaurants around - but the pool is smaller than looks on website. Drinks $20 a small beer at the pool! Very trendy - felt quite old - young glamorous people around pool putting their pictures on Instagram etc!
foodie53 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wel loved the Kimpton Surfcomber. Free drinks in the reception area every afternoon for guests and right on the beach. Close to loads of great restaurants. The rooms were compact but clean, parking is valet and offsite so you would need to factor the pricing in. We would absolutely return!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Wel loved the Kimpton Surfcomber. Free drinks in the reception area every afternoon for guests and right on the beach. Close to loads of great restaurants. The rooms were compact but clean, parking is valet and offsite so you would need to factor the pricing in. We would absolutely return!
The Kimpton chain hotels feature on BA
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

I’ve booked Ritz Carlton South Beach, currently finishing a return, due to open end January. Beachfront but walking distance to Lincoln Road Mall. Have previously stayed at the Fontainebleau but found it too far away from everything, unless you are happy to eat in the hotel and chill out at the beach/pool.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

South Beach or Miami Beach? That's the question now.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Anyone stayed at : - Sagamore, The Art Hotel, South Beach, Miami? Or South Beach Hotel, South Beach?

Edited at 03:17 PM.
Old 30 Jan 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Anyone stayed at any of these?
We’ve stayed at Eden Roc in one of the corner towers suites which are really nice but you’d need an adjoining room to accommodate you all. They do have family suites too though.

Not stayed at Fontainbleau but we’ve been to Hakasan which we love and the inside of the building looked very nice.
Hakasan in Miami is a carbon copy of Hakasan in London (they even burn the same fragrance of inscense I think. If you’ve been before and want something different then I’d not bother eating there, lovely as it is!

I think if I could chose anywhere I’d go for The Edition because it has our favourite restaurant inside!

A few years back Richard E Grant presented a TV show called ‘Amazing Hotels’ or something like that anyway!
Miami Bach was featured so it might be worth looking it up.

Aside from Matador Room and Hakasan I can thoroughly recommend a trip to a hidden pizza restaurant called Mister 01 btw.
It is tucked away in a locked mall so it’s all a bit weird and secretive (a doorman will confront you and then let you in 😬 ) but the food it excellent.
I think booking would be essential

Edited at 09:46 AM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
We’ve stayed at Eden Roc in one of the corner towers suites which are really nice but you’d need an adjoining room to accommodate you all. They do have family suites too though.

Not stayed at Fontainbleau but we’ve been to Hakasan inside and it looked very nice.

I think if I could chose anywhere I’d go for The Edition because it has our favourite restaurant inside!
Thank you for this info.
Old 31 Jan 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you for this info.
I forgot to say that I don’t think they have onsite parking at Eden Roc but there is Valet parking. It’s about $45 per night though.
On subsequent trips we have picked a car up from Alamo upon leaving Miami!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List