Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 24 Jan 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Warn the garage if theres a black box!

Ive brought DSs car in today to have 2 tyres replaced & just watched the mechanic drive it like he stole it! Checked the app & yep, hed dropped DSs perfect 100% record down to 64, not impressed!

Its not enough to get him a fine & I've spoken to the insurance company about getting the event removed (not to mention shared my feelings with the garage) but certainly a lesson to be learnt here!

Edited at 11:23 AM.
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Poly for our Anniversary :)
Unread 24 Jan 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Ive brought DSs car in today to have 2 tyres replaced & just watched the mechanic drive it like he stole it! Checked the app & yep, hed dropped DSs perfect 100% record down to 64, not impressed!

Its not enough to get him a fine & I've spoken to the insurance company about getting the event removed (not to mention shared my feelings with the garage) but certainly a lesson to be learnt here!
I am far too old to have a black box but my car has a setting where it judges your speed ,gear change and awareness for eco driving. my car had to go back to where I bought it as it had a fault still under warranty , when I dropped it off the eco reading was 80 odd , got it back and not only had the mileage increased the eco reading was right down to below 60. I should have complained but I had to complain so much to get the fault rectified I just didnt have the will to go through it all again but needless to say they wont be having my custom again.
Unread 24 Jan 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
I am far too old to have a black box but my car has a setting where it judges your speed ,gear change and awareness for eco driving. my car had to go back to where I bought it as it had a fault still under warranty , when I dropped it off the eco reading was 80 odd , got it back and not only had the mileage increased the eco reading was right down to below 60. I should have complained but I had to complain so much to get the fault rectified I just didnt have the will to go through it all again but needless to say they wont be having my custom again.
Its terrible that they treat peoples cars with such a lack of respect. Ill never use this garage again. We bought DSs car from here & have had to really push to make them keep to their word re. sorting out issues, all minor but not the point.

DVC owner since 2002.
Many trips since '92 incl. ASMu, ASMo, ASSp, BCV, OKW, HRH, Drop Anchor Resort, Islamorada BWV, AKL - Kidani & Jambo, BLT, Vero Beach, THVs SSR, RPR, BRV, CCV Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Poly for our Anniversary :)
Unread 24 Jan 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Its terrible that they treat peoples cars with such a lack of respect. Ill never use this garage again. We bought DSs car from here & have had to really push to make them keep to their word re. sorting out issues, all minor but not the point.
I agree your experience was poor, I can't see any reason why a road test was carried out after having tyres fitted and if this was one of my lads he would be on a warning. The other poster refers to recorded efficiency being lower after diagnostic work. This would be expected, especially if it has been running in the workshop for a long period of time or an extensive road test is required to make adjustments to electrical systems. This doesn't mean the tech was abusing a customers car, just following procedure.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our 14th visit
Unread 24 Jan 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

I remember before we flew for our wedding we dropped my car off at the valet car parking at Gatwick North and went inside the Premier Inn. We checked in, took our stuff to the room then I went outside to meet MIL. Stood there talking to her and got to see my car being floored down the road by the valet people!

I have never had a black box (luckily) but the way some of these people treat other peoples cars is terrible.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Not long now!
Unread 24 Jan 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBeliever
Getting Excited

Mobile

Teslas now come with a Valet Mode that when you leave your car at a garage or a valet you turn it on and the settings cant be changed (seat, sat nav, mirrors etc) but also the car is limited to 55mph. Very useful feature.
DisneyBeliever is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our next amazing WDW Holiday - POR
Unread 24 Jan 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyBeliever View Post
Teslas now come with a Valet Mode that when you leave your car at a garage or a valet you turn it on and the settings cant be changed (seat, sat nav, mirrors etc) but also the car is limited to 55mph. Very useful feature.
Best to avoid the valets like the plague. So many issues and if they prang your car you can have no end of agro sorting it out.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
I agree your experience was poor, I can't see any reason why a road test was carried out after having tyres fitted and if this was one of my lads he would be on a warning. The other poster refers to recorded efficiency being lower after diagnostic work. This would be expected, especially if it has been running in the workshop for a long period of time or an extensive road test is required to make adjustments to electrical systems. This doesn't mean the tech was abusing a customers car, just following procedure.

Dave
they knew what the problem was in my case , a new o2 sensor needed so not really sure that requires extensive running of engine or more miles added to the clock ,but then I agree ,I am not a mechanic.