Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jan 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

Anyone flown into Jacksonville?

As above, just wondering if anyone’s has flown into Jacksonville? Lots of threads bout flying into Tampa or Miami but can’t find much about JAX.

Can get a decent price but it would mean staying there when we land and also the night before leaving as the flight times are not great.
legolass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nope but I’ve driven from nearby St Augustine to Orlando so can tell you the driving aspect is easy. If the price was good I’d do it, and depending on your flight times if you can get a hotel in St Augustine and try and see some of it it would be well worth doing. What time are your flights and how much? I might have to check it out
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We did it a few years ago. Stayed in a cheapie hotel near the airport for about $40 and it took about 3hrs to drive to disney.

For the right price I'd do it again.
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
Nope but I’ve driven from nearby St Augustine to Orlando so can tell you the driving aspect is easy. If the price was good I’d do it, and depending on your flight times if you can get a hotel in St Augustine and try and see some of it it would be well worth doing. What time are your flights and how much? I might have to check it out
The flights are with Delta at the start of July, flying from Aberdeen. £417 but no bags included for that. The flight gets in after 11pm so we would have to stay at the airport then get going first thing. I’m pretty undecided ... we flew into Miami a couple of years ago and I wasn’t a massive fan, particularly driving back to get the flight home, the traffic was pretty stressful (and I wasn’t even driving! ). There were some decent flights which included a stopover at Toronto but I’ve dithered too long and missed them 🙄. Thanks for the info, I might have a look at St Augustine all the same ..
legolass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loopyloo33 View Post
We did it a few years ago. Stayed in a cheapie hotel near the airport for about $40 and it took about 3hrs to drive to disney.

For the right price I'd do it again.
Thanks for the info .. hmm I never realised it would take 3 hours, that’s a bit off putting, I think it would need to be a bigger bargain to drive that distance. A bit more to think about. Only problem is, if I wait too long those prices will be gone as well!
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I don't think people in Jacksonville fly into Jacksonville, never mind anyone else...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I don't think people in Jacksonville fly into Jacksonville, never mind anyone else...
Oh? Haha is that right?! Why is that? I don't know anything about Jacksonville (clearly! )
Old 25 Jan 20, 01:37 AM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

Ok, scrap that - we’re now flying into Tampa!
Old 25 Jan 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_chief
Helping Minnie

We flew into Jacksonville a couple of years ago. We stayed in a hotel near the airport when landing. The following morning we were up and on the road very early. We broke the journey up with a few stops, 1st was for breakfast about 1 hour into trip (can't remember where we stopped) then stopped off for a bit of shopping at Altamonte Mall (found this quite a bit cheaper the florid mall etc). final stop was at Walmart for supplies before an early check in in villa about 2pm. On the way home we had 2 nights at the Hyatt Hotel Daytona Beach then drove the 1.5 hours to airport the day we flew home.
miss_chief is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List