Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 25 Jan 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Im not a fan of matching.
Clothes reflect personalities and each kid has a unique personality
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Big Birthday Cruise
Unread 25 Jan 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

Could you not colour co-ordinate for the photos rather than dress them the same? I think that would look just as pretty.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I'm so excited...and I just cant hide it
Unread 25 Jan 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My sister is 2 years younger than me. We didnt have many matching clothes but I can remember quite liking it when we did, up until we were about 9 & 11 we liked to wear co-ordinating clothes. Then all of a sudden I didnt want her to wear anything that resembled my clothes and I was very vocal about this !

I think if I had two girls Id like the idea of their clothes co-ordinating.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Yacht club
Unread 25 Jan 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Personally, and it is personally speaking.

Each child is an individual, mine were 16 months apart and I only ever had them in matching clothes when they were bridesmaids.

As for photos and how they look, again its personal but its a photo of a holiday not a fashion shoot, children look lovely in photos whatever theyre wearing, as long as theyre having fun, thats what counts
Unread 25 Jan 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
As an adult, without children, I can look at sisters or brothers in matching clothes and think it looks incredibly cute.

But .. big but...I can also think back to my own childhood and I was one of four girls born very close together (only six years between youngest and oldest).

We were often dressed the same and we all HATED it. We never ever would have asked to be dressed the same, but sadly we had no choice. We wanted to be individuals. We also didn't really like being called "the girls" and wished people would use our names. Back in the 70s my sisters and I could have been a bit awkward however.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NY & Disney 2020
Unread 25 Jan 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Could you not colour co-ordinate for the photos rather than dress them the same? I think that would look just as pretty.
We had a large formal family photo done and we had a vague colour scheme to ensure we didn't clash. None of the children were dressed exactly the same though.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
To Florida or not to Florida next
Unread 25 Jan 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Sue for ours everybody had jeans some sort of white top and that was it we had an assortment of jean styles and blue washes white shirts T-shirts jumpers and long tunic type tops looks great but the best holiday pics non of us match or care its what you are comfy cool in
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going coast to coast with Hawaii too
Unread 25 Jan 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
As an adult, without children, I can look at sisters or brothers in matching clothes and think it looks incredibly cute.

But .. big but...I can also think back to my own childhood and I was one of four girls born very close together (only six years between youngest and oldest).

We were often dressed the same and we all HATED it. We never ever would have asked to be dressed the same, but sadly we had no choice. We wanted to be individuals. We also didn't really like being called "the girls" and wished people would use our names. Back in the 70s my sisters and I could have been a bit awkward however.
If they said they didnt want to wear the same or buy the same I wouldnt. Cos I do ask them if they like the tops. I usually just stick to black shorts or leggings as that goes with most but I do try to let them chose. They dont always match but they usually want to wear the same if they have it.

Maybe Ill keep matching while it lasts cos it sounds like it wont be long before they dont want to.
vampiress88 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second Disney holiday!
My Magic Holiday