Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jan 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
IAdoreWDW
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Avoid Claire’s. Avoid guns.

I got my second lobe piercing last January and I still believe they haven’t healed properly. Have to keep earrings in or they’ll close. A month later still had bleeding (a lot).

The gun crushed my lobes it’s a horrible feeling and expensive!

Have a look at reputable tattoo/piercing studios in your area. They are the pros. And I’ve met the loveliest people in tattoo shops so please don’t be put off!

Edit to add: I got the solution and followed their instructions extensively about cleaning and looking after your new piercings as I am terrified of picking up an infection and still ended up with a painful healing process. Lesson well learned.

Edited at 12:44 PM.
IAdoreWDW is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Dd16 had her ears pierced 3 times at Claire's and all have been fine.
However when she wanted her nose done, I took her to a tattoo place. She went back a year later to get her lip done. I would never go anywhere else now. The owner who did it is actually a qualified nurse which somehow made me feel better as well!
Shes now mithering for her belly button doing! I just tell her she will have more holes than a sieve soon!
I doubt most of my friends (certainly not my mum! ) agree with me letting her have so many but shes a good girl and doesnt go out drinking like a lot of her friends so if this is her outlet then so be it! The only one I draw the line at is stretching her ear!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

My biggest problem is I really don't like needles and might run a mile if someone came towards me with a big needle.

Thats why I was thinking of using a place that uses guns - a whimp I know
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
My biggest problem is I really don't like needles and might run a mile if someone came towards me with a big needle.

I am absolutely terrified of needles as well, last october I went to a proper piercer and they used needles to do a daith and helix piercing.
It was done by a well trained, hygienic, and knowledgable lady, who talked me through it (in a private room) told me everything I needed to know about aftercare, it wasnt intimidating at all.
I didnt even think about the needle-im having 2 more done in April.

Please dont go to Claires-ive heard so many horror stories-infected piercings are no fun.
Honestly, you'll be fine xxx
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Dd doesnt either and wont even say the word blood! Even now she needs the numbing cream when they need blood off her!
Somehow the desire for piercings takes all the fear away!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

If you let the piercer know you are afraid of needles then you can have it done without even seeing the needle! They are very good.

It’s a lot less traumatic than having a needle essentially fired through your ear which is what a gun does.
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

I agree with most above. Avoid Claires, or any other company who uses guns, they are not sterile and the jewelry inserted allows no room for swelling, and is often not great quality. I remember going into Claires once (for hair bobbles) and there was a little girl getting her ear pierced. The shop assistant said I'm just going to put on some sterile gloves (out of a box so not sterile) then proceeded to touch surfaces all over the station, in the middle of the shop, grim!

The body takes as long as it takes to heal and the cleaning solutions offered by Claires often contains harsh chemicals for a fresh wound. I only use stericlens now.

Do not touch newly pierced ears at all - it is the quickest way to get an infection. I had a new piercing 4 months ago and have not turned the jewelry once! I have tried very hard not to touch it at all! My regular piercer made me wash my hands before she would pierce me as I had touched my my ear.

Check out the APP and below is a link of Q&As from an excellent piercing place in Manchester adviseing what to look for and to ask.

holier-than-thou/s...piercing-faqs/

safepiercing/brochures.php

Do your research, and also as said above if you are nervous of needles then the piercer should be able to reassure you.

Edited at 04:42 PM.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

I had mine done at Claire’s 20 (omg where did that go) years ago. Had 1 to correct an uneven piercing and then a further 2 pairs pierced all at the same time. I didn’t use their lotion. I kept them clean with a dab of surgical spirit and one turn per night.

Whilst I’ve read others comments I had no issues at all BUT it was 20 years ago. Jeez, 18 seemed like only yesterday 😳

Edited at 05:30 PM.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Update

Due to circumstances - mainly the place I wanted to have my ears pierced had closed due to no electricity. I ended up going to Claires.

I watched them pierce another person and was happy with everything so bought the basic package and got them pierced. Then went to the cinema to take my mind off it.

This was a couple of weeks before lockdown and I am glad it got it done then.

I used an ear cleaner I got off Amazon and have had no infections and they have healed nicely and this week I changed my ear rings for the first time.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List