Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Jun 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

'On Our Way' April 2018 - Travel Day

Travel day

We were up around 5am. My fitbit tells me I fell asleep just after midnight, not long after finishing my pre-trip and I woke just before 5am, having about 4 and a half hours sleep. Usually I need about 8 hours to even function but I was going to Disney so who cares! We drove ourselves to the airport and did meet & greet, I think we left our house around 6am and arrived at Manchester airport around 7am. It’s usually a little quicker but there was a bit of traffic on the M56 – I guess the time that people who commute start to leave for work!

We had already checked in online the day before and bag drop was super quick, all the cases were around 17kg so lots of space to bring stuff back! Security was fairly busy I think it took us about 25 mins. I used Fast Track a few weeks later & was through in 5 minutes so would definitely use this again! Mum got stopped as she set the alarms off and got sent through the body scanner, but because she has arthritis she struggled a little and I don’t think security gave a monkeys to be honest. I appreciate they have a job to do but when you can clearly see someone cannot lift their arms up or get their shoes off properly! It really grates on me sometimes.

Through security and Dad realised he’d left his sunglasses at home – despite me mentioning it that morning when I saw a pair in the car – he choose to leave those in the car because he had others in his bag….. so he went off to buy some. We then went and found a table at The Spinning Jenny for breakfast. It was expensive but lovely food. Me and Matt both had a Full English £10.95 & £8.95, Dad had Eggs Benedict £9.99. Mum didn’t eat but did had coffee, as did Dad. Me & Matt both had orange juice. I think the bill came to around £50.

Boarding was very quick, although I do not understand why people gather round the gate before they’re row number has been called. Just sit down, get out of everyone else’s way & wait. The plane will not leave without you. Me, Mum & Dad sat in the row of three & Matt sat across the aisle from us. He was sat next to another family who slept the whole way, no-one in front reclined their seats either so he was pretty happy. We took off on time as far as I’m aware.

The flight was pretty uneventful to be honest. I watched Pitch Perfect 3 and The Greatest Showman on the in-flight entertainment and then I’d downloaded the new Peter Rabbit movie onto my tablet so I watched that too. I’m unsure what everyone else watched but I think it was a mix of Star Wars, Coco & Goodbye Christopher Robin.

I’d requested a Gluten Free meal a few months back due to having IBS, this was brought around before any other meals – it was a baked chicken thing with vegetables. I was not impressed at all so Mum asked for Sausage and Mash then swapped with me & had the GF. I believe Dad had Sausage & Mash too, I cannot remember what Matt had – possibly a pasta dish? Plenty of drinks were brought round through the flight, we got twister ice creams too. The snack later on in the flight was a sandwich - GF again, it wasn’t great so Me & Mum had a sandwich each out of the ones she got - Cheese & Tomato Chutney – much nicer!

We had some turbulence during the flight and I don’t think I’ve ever experienced turbulence like it, I’m OK flying but once that happens I panic and I won’t lie I was nearly in tears. Mum calmed me down though and once that had passed the rest of the flight was fine.

We landed on time and were through immigration within about 15 minutes I think. Some of us got sent one way to join a short queue and others got sent to a longer queue, so thank you to the staff at MCO who sent us to the short queue! Our bags came out fairly quickly too and all arrived safely. We quickly stopped at Disney store for magic bands, I picked a Rapunzel one, Mum purple, Dad red & Matt black. We had already checked in for the car pick up so went straight over to the garage and got a free upgrade too! The lady said to take whatever we wanted from that row & that there was some free upgrades that day. We choose a lovely blue Hyundai Santa Fe Sport (this was a big mistake) we were out within about an hour altogether.

We drove to our Villa(Fantasia) on Indian creek which took us around 30 minutes. The villa was very nice, each bedroom was themed – Harry Potter, Star Wars & Disney. I’d wanted the double with the ensuite which I was hoping would be Disney – it was Harry Potter but still a nice room. Matt had Star Wars, Mum & Dad had the main bedroom with an ensuite – it wasn’t themed but had a nice picture of Mickey & gang above the bed all dress in safari gear. We had our own pool – lovely but a little bit chilly because of the way the sun went throughout the day! We all spent a little time unpacking & freshening up before heading to Walmart for food & essentials. Since we last stayed on Indian Creek 5 years ago they’ve built a new Walmart 5 minutes down the road which is great! We just bought essentials for breakfast & lunches, drinks and a few toiletries. We still managed to spend over $100 though!

We didn’t feel like eating out tonight so we ordered Outback Steakhouse takeout – Me 7 Dad drove down to collect it. Our total bill was $45: Dad had a Steak $9.99, I had Aussie Cheese Fries which Mum picked at too, Blooming Onion(shared between us all), Matt had a Chicken Burger - $45.

We were all in bed by 9pm having been up for about 22 hours or so at that point! MK tomorrow starting with breakfast at Ohana

Edited at 01:35 PM.
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good travel day

Joan
Old 14 Jun 18, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I love your top, and the sparkly backpack is my bag of choice for the parks this year.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I love your top, and the sparkly backpack is my bag of choice for the parks this year.
I don't know who actually made it! One of my friends Stace&Tink on here had it for her trip and decided she wouldn't wear it again. I'll find out where it came from
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great travel day

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Good travel day!
Old 15 Jun 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Love your t-shirt!

Good travel day, minus the turbulence I'm exactly the same when flying!

Good idea getting take out, didn't know Outback did it
Old 16 Jun 18, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

That top looks familiar love a good travel day. Xx
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love reading the travel days! All the excitement and anticipation is fab.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

A great start. Looking forward to reading more
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List