Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Jan 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

For romantic I’d have to say Flying Fish or The Yachtsman Steakhouse. I loved Jiko for its food, atmosphere and service but I wouldn’t say it was particularly romantic.

I reviewed several signatures on my recent trip including all those listed above.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1152984
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wigan Lass View Post
If I were on honeymoon I would definitely do California Grill brunch.

This is an amazingly relaxed, long, lazy experience with bottomless mimosas (and a cocktail included if you’re on ddp).

There’s an all you care to eat buffet with gorgeous food on it, followed by entrees from which you can order more than one, then a dessert plate sharer. The server tells you that they will not even start your entree preparation until about 40 minutes after your order. Plan to spend a good 2 hours in here. Live musicians playing Disney songs (they take requests), freedom to wander out to the terrace and take in the views and you can return if you wish for that evenings fireworks.

It’s my must do experience each trip.
s
100% agree with this.

We've booked Blue Zoo in The Dolphin for our anniversary meal, for me the criteria of a relaxed, romantic meal is going somewhere that doesn't accept DDP, as I always feel rushed in them. I know you can ask them to slow down, but the rushing ethos is still apparent around you.

We have eaten at V&A's and it is incredibly special, but with wine pairings and gratuity you're looking at >$800 for a meal for us both, I can think of much better things to do with that kind of money.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 13
We have eaten at pretty much all of the restaurants in Celebration 😊
Never had a bad meal in any of them.
Love the Columbia and actually really like the Town Tavern, they do a cracking steak and we never feel rushed...
celebrationtowncenter/dining-2/ Have a look
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
100% agree with this.

We've booked Blue Zoo in The Dolphin for our anniversary meal, for me the criteria of a relaxed, romantic meal is going somewhere that doesn't accept DDP, as I always feel rushed in them. I know you can ask them to slow down, but the rushing ethos is still apparent around you.

We have eaten at V&A's and it is incredibly special, but with wine pairings and gratuity you're looking at >$800 for a meal for us both, I can think of much better things to do with that kind of money.
I would love to do V&A's however I really cannot justify that price at the moment, we have so much to pay for so I think my other would cry at that bill lol.

I am definitely considering the California Grill brunch it sounds amazing. What time does the brunch start / finish? as I can't see this online.

Originally Posted by zoemoo View Post
We have eaten at pretty much all of the restaurants in Celebration 😊
Never had a bad meal in any of them.
Love the Columbia and actually really like the Town Tavern, they do a cracking steak and we never feel rushed...
celebrationtowncenter/dining-2/ Have a look
I am definitely going to arrange a meal in Celebration, I love going there so much. I read the Columbia menu online last night, so I think this will be on the cards for next year.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
I would love to do V&A's however I really cannot justify that price at the moment, we have so much to pay for so I think my other would cry at that bill lol.

I am definitely considering the California Grill brunch it sounds amazing. What time does the brunch start / finish? as I can't see this online.
I really recommend it, Tim Tracker did a review
which is really helpful.

It's a difficult one to get, I managed to get one for December using Touring Plans, but had missed several alerts before, one I missed as I hadn't picked up the email until 6 minutes after it was sent! Same for our March reservation, so I'd be on the ball at 180 days if you want it.

Our December ressie was around 11.30am and our March one is 10.30, I'm not sure of the actual start & finish times, but they don't rush you at all, it was a lovely relaxed meal, very much helped by the bottomless mango mimosas!

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Cali Grill is always a firm favourite of ours however with you staying at ALK I wouldn't discount Jiko either as it is fabulous. Have you considered the Wanyama Safari? It includes for a private safari encounter and then a multi-course meal at Jiko.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I really recommend it, Tim Tracker did a review
which is really helpful.

It's a difficult one to get, I managed to get one for December using Touring Plans, but had missed several alerts before, one I missed as I hadn't picked up the email until 6 minutes after it was sent! Same for our March reservation, so I'd be on the ball at 180 days if you want it.

Our December ressie was around 11.30am and our March one is 10.30, I'm not sure of the actual start & finish times, but they don't rush you at all, it was a lovely relaxed meal, very much helped by the bottomless mango mimosas!
Thank you for the tips, this is 100% on my list of things to do. I will have to be on the ball to try and get a reservation. Also never heard of touring plans, so I will do a little search of them now.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
Thank you for the tips, this is 100% on my list of things to do. I will have to be on the ball to try and get a reservation. Also never heard of touring plans, so I will do a little search of them now.
You're welcome, and good luck

Touring plans reservation finder is here if you don't manage to get it at 180

Old 15 Jan 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
Cali Grill is always a firm favourite of ours however with you staying at ALK I wouldn't discount Jiko either as it is fabulous. Have you considered the Wanyama Safari? It includes for a private safari encounter and then a multi-course meal at Jiko.
I'd never considered Jiko before, but just read the menu it sounds lovely! The Wanyama Safari looks brilliant, thanks for recommending this. It would be nice birthday / honeymoon treat.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyElles
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jillzo View Post
We loved Monsuir Paul's in Epcot! The meal was one of the best I have ever had, the service was outstanding and the views of Epcot spectacular! It was pricey (we were on dining plan and it was a signature), but for me it was worth it. We didn't have a reservation, and we got lucky with a table at the window!

Agree with Monsieur Paul, fabulous restaurant!

Having tried most of the places mentioned on this thread, including V&A, I’ve had some great experiences but some hit and miss. Flying fish is an example of this, first time amazing followed by a nightcap at Abracadabar and a stroll along the boardwalk, second time chaotic server and experience- despite great food!

Blue Zoo is really nice, and this upcoming trip we are trying Capa at the Four Seasons which gets good reviews.
Disney Magic: 2019, 2021, 2022
DVC owner since 2018
DisneyElles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List