Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Nov 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
£22 is a fairly normal price to visit a zoo. Chester Zoo is around £25, Blackpool zoo is around £20 (I think). I think it's a reasonably good price for a full day out.

We visited Edinburgh zoo back in September and thoroughly enjoyed it. Well, except for not seeing the pandas; it was one of the reasons we visited. We did see the koalas though - and lots of other animals, of course. We actually paid a tenner more each and had a lovely afternoon tea there as well - lots of sandwiches and cakes to eat.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I think with zoos I also consider the extra money that most zoos put into supporting other conservation projects around the world as well as the costs involved in running the actual zoo and looking after the animals there.

It’s not a cheap family day out, but we usually enjoy a zoo day and also feel we are helping with conservation projects by visiting.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We paid £32 each for Whipsnade in August

Worth it though as we had a lovely day there .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Day tickets for zoos are pretty pricey it has to be said. We have annual passes for Colchester Zoo which work out brilliant value for us as we go regularly. We love a zoo day!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
We paid £32 each for Whipsnade in August

Worth it though as we had a lovely day there .
I’d really like to go there, glad to hear it was worth the cost!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Excited about Disney

I can thoroughly recommend Blair. Drummond safari park which is just outside Stirling. It is cheaper than Edinburgh zoo (£16 per adult) and IMO a better day out. It also doesn’t have that big hill to climb 😃
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I volunteer in a zoo, and like everyone else has said that’s sounds about right for a ticket. Unfortunately zoo animals are expensive to keep and their welfare is always no1 therefore enclosures need updating/ rebuilding. Also a portion of ticket money will go to different conservation projects along with research programmes too.

I have attached a blog from the zoo I volunteer at and it tells you the breakdown of ticket prices. It was from a few years ago so it have changed slightly from then.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I’d really like to go there, glad to hear it was worth the cost!
First time I’d been in about 20 years !

We took our granddaughter for her 2nd birthday august bank holiday weekend ..

Some of the indoor enclosures like the Elephant house were closed , but they were all outside anyway

The brown bears were just gorgeous.

Will definitely go back again next year
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
First time I’d been in about 20 years !

We took our granddaughter for her 2nd birthday august bank holiday weekend ..

Some of the indoor enclosures like the Elephant house were closed , but they were all outside anyway

The brown bears were just gorgeous.

Will definitely go back again next year
I’m adding it to the list! Next year, providing we are back in our feet - I won’t be seeing a lot of my house 😂 there’s a lot of making up for lost time to do. That’s Chester, Woburn and now Whipsnade on my list!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

Sounds about right, our local zoo is £22 with a 10% donation (so £20 without). We are season ticket holders though which is about 3x the price and you get access to a partner zoo for free as well which is great, plus half price to loads of other zoos.

It costs both these zoos £25,000 a week just to care for the animals, plus they donate to a load of other conversation projects so I always bear that in mind when considering the charge to visit any zoo.

We tend to visit a lot of zoos and I'd say £20 is a good ballpark for your typical zoo.

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List