Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 13 Dec 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’ll be cancelling, never watch it.
Mrs Morrow insisted we bought it.
Haven't even watched 1 thing on it. To be cosigned to the bin as I'm not paying again.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

We got it in March when it was on offer as we look after the grandchildren. They have not watched much on it (either too busy doing other things or Netflix when watching TV) and we won’t be renewing it again even if it was reduced let alone a price increase! We have watched nothing ourselves.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

We watch The Mandalorian and I like the behind the scenes at Animal Kingdom show.

We have already decided to just pay for one month when all of season 3 of The Mandalorian has been on and binge watch what we what to see that month!
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

Oh dear, I think they will be losing a lot of customers.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by keith1973 View Post
For me it’s not the price that’s the issue the amount of new content they are creating is pitiful. I’m happy to pay more if they create more content. From the 2nd week I was finding it hard to find things to watch
Did you hear all the announcements this week? 10 new Marvel series, 10 new Star Wars series, loads of other stuff...

I have just watched the Holiday Singalong and been moved to tears (in a good way). I have a watchlist a mile long, can’t believe people say there is nothing there!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Mrs Morrow insisted we bought it.
Haven't even watched 1 thing on it. To be cosigned to the bin as I'm not paying again.
Mandalorian is brilliant. I have watched that.

I also watched the Imagineers and some of the Animal Kingdom documentary.

But it’s nothing like Netflix. Good if you have little kids or enjoy watching Disney films. I’ve neither. Disney films I am not bothered about watching even though I like the parks.

They need to bring online all the Fox stuff which they are talking about, then also start making quality adult programmes as well.

Netflix we watch all the time. Just watching Queen’s Gambit which is brilliant and the cinematography in that is fabulous. Yorkshire Ripper documentary on Netflix next week.
Old 13 Dec 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Although I do watch Netflix more, I’ll be keeping my subscription. I love The Mandalorian, and I’m also looking forward to the new Marvel/Star Wars content.

The trailer for WandaVision looks good.
Old 13 Dec 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Mandalorian is brilliant. I have watched that.

I also watched the Imagineers and some of the Animal Kingdom documentary.

But it’s nothing like Netflix. Good if you have little kids or enjoy watching Disney films. I’ve neither. Disney films I am not bothered about watching even though I like the parks.

They need to bring online all the Fox stuff which they are talking about, then also start making quality adult programmes as well.
Which is what they are doing, according to this week’s announcement.

I have Amazon Prime free at the moment because we got new phones. I wouldn’t pay for it, too much costs extra.

We get films through Cinema Paradiso for £4 a month.

Other than that, plenty of stuff on BBC, Channel 4 and YouTube.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I know you shouldn’t but I pay for Disney+ and let my parents and sister use it in return my sister lets us use her Prime and my parents pay for Netflix. I think Prime is only good for the football as I never buy anything off Amazon.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 20, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by keith1973 View Post
For me it’s not the price that’s the issue the amount of new content they are creating is pitiful. I’m happy to pay more if they create more content. From the 2nd week I was finding it hard to find things to watch
Over 100 new shows and films are coming to Disney+ over the next year or so. So new content is coming.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List