Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jan 21, 01:57 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
You are clearly not a dog fan, which is fine.

We can agree to disagree.

But unless you’ve seen the distress of an animal dealing with fireworks it’s hard to imagine, that’s all I’m saying.

Kat
I used to have cats that were frightened . I have a daughter that won’t go out on nights like this.
I don’t dislike dogs
I am just scared of what they could do to me
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I used to have cats that were frightened . I have a daughter that won’t go out on nights like this.
I don’t dislike dogs
I am just scared of what they could do to me
I’m more scared of cats than dogs 🤷
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 02:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
I’m more scared of cats than dogs 🤷
Me too. You can see cats looking at you as if too say, you humans are fools! 😂 they are not wrong sometimes!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Me too. You can see cats looking at you as if too say, you humans are fools! 😂 they are not wrong sometimes!

Kat
They look at you as if wondering whether you’re worthy of killing 😆
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

I would be far more accepting of fireworks if they actually were only for 1 night but they never are! People have been letting them off around here since October, you cant say that thats OK surely? My cats are absolutely terrified of them, one of them managed to rip a hole in the bottom of the sofa and actually get in it.
If it was only one night then they'd stay in, we would have the TV a bit louder etc but when they just randomly start how are you meant to help them then?

Also, my little girl doesn't like them. She has taken her ear defenders to bed with her for I dont know how long because of them.

Members of the public should not be allowed to buy fireworks.

Edited at 07:12 AM.
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
I would be far more accepting of fireworks if they actually were only for 1 night but they never are! People have been letting them off around here since October, you cant say that thats OK surely? My cats are absolutely terrified of them, one of them managed to rip a hole in the bottom of the sofa and actually get in it.
If it was only one night then they'd stay in, we would have the TV a bit louder etc but when they just randomly start how are you meant to help them then?

Also, my little girl doesn't like them. She has taken her ear defenders to bed with her for I dont know how long because of them.

Members of the public should not be allowed to buy fireworks.
I have said this before, but to me the major problem for animals is that they don’t know what the noise is .
Also They aren’t used to it .( despite the claims from those who hate them that they are constantly going off , if that was the case the animals would get more used to them )

For me the solution for many - of course this won’t work for all - is to actually show the animals what fireworks are - eg you tube videos etc , actually take them out on bonfire night etc on a lead to witness what they are fearful of
Once they understand what they are dealing with and that they can’t cause issues when they are in the house , it may help them with their anxiety
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
In the last few years the moaning about fireworks has got ridiculous

People have always set fireworks off in New Years Eve , it’s not a new thing .. and at different times , I mean not everyone’s children stay up to midnight

And let’s not forget dogs bark year round and annoy neighbours ..

And yes I have a dog a Labrador, she couldn’t care less about fireworks , but even if she did why should I expect people not to have something they enjoy because I choose to have a dog .

I can guarantee there’s been occasions in her 7 years that she’s been outside barking & irritating someone same as all dogs do ..
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I have said this before, but to me the major problem for animals is that they don’t know what the noise is .
Also They aren’t used to it .( despite the claims from those who hate them that they are constantly going off , if that was the case the animals would get more used to them )

For me the solution for many - of course this won’t work for all - is to actually show the animals what fireworks are - eg you tube videos etc , actually take them out on bonfire night etc on a lead to witness what they are fearful of
Once they understand what they are dealing with and that they can’t cause issues when they are in the house , it may help them with their anxiety
I also agree with this. Surely it’s down on you to show the animal it’s not something to be scared of.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by GrumpyDopey&Me View Post
Right so only certain animals for example your ones shouldn’t have to be subjected to Fireworks and we should stop them because they scare your dog.

I also love the way you tack on about PTSD as a afterthought, now if you had used them as the main argument then you would probably won in an instant but for a pet that you have chosen to have but not done anything to stop it being scared on a night you knew Fireworks would be going off is down to you.

I never knew to the term snowflakes reached animals as well as people as I am sure no one harped on about animals being scared as much as they have the last few years.
You’re right they didn’t .

I’m 46 had dogs all my life often more than one at once .

And never did my parents make a fuss over people letting off fireworks .

Close the curtains , turn the tv up , keep the pets inside etc

It’s become the latest thing to moan about .

I must have seen 30 posts on social media last night whining about fire works either scaring dogs or waking up babies .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
In the last few years the moaning about fireworks has got ridiculous

People have always set fireworks off in New Years Eve , it’s not a new thing .. and at different times , I mean not everyone’s children stay up to midnight

And let’s not forget dogs bark year round and annoy neighbours ..

And yes I have a dog a Labrador, she couldn’t care less about fireworks , but even if she did why should I expect people not to have something they enjoy because I choose to have a dog .

I can guarantee there’s been occasions in her 7 years that she’s been outside barking & irritating someone same as all dogs do ..
I also agree with this. I have had neighbours (not in the houses next to me but we live very closely packed) that dog barks lots. I am sure they never tried to stop it. It seems to be let out at anytime of night and it’s loud, it’s also been mentioned by others on the Facebook group for our area, wondering who it belongs to and how to stop it. It never has but I suppose it’s just something pet owners expect others to just accept. Like when we have cat poo in our gardens or when a cat gets run over the person who did it berated not the person who just lets their cat roam in densely populated areas.

I am not adverse to animals just the people who expect the world to stop and worry because they have unrealistic expectations of how others should put up with and life their life due to these pets

Also I have never heard a Zoo ask people not to do fireworks

Edited at 11:39 AM.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread