Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Jan 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another vote for the Rosen Inn LBV we stayed in 2018 when it was the Clarion.
Definitely has WIFI in the rooms.

Maybe have a look at Travel Republic Booking.com or Virgin hotel only for an idea of prices.
Old 14 Jan 21, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We stayed there, have to say we didn't like it. It felt very isolated and lacking in any atmosphere. Much happier on the 192 West.

Edited at 06:25 PM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
grommitt
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
We stayed there, have to say we didn't like it. It felt very isolated and lacking in any atmosphere. Much happier on the 192 West.
why did you feel isolated?
plenty of bars, restaurants and small supermarket right next door and Disney springs a 20min walk away.

wireless everywhere (including the room)
no resort fees

I was here during Hurricane Irma and was stuck in the hotel for 2 days (hotel were very helpful and informative)
Bar and restaurant was kept open. even had its own emergency power generators.
grommitt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We seemed to have to drive miles to get anywhere, the restaurants locally are mostly chain which we try and avoid if possible. I suppose we were just used to the 192 which makes most places instantly get attable. Horses for courses etc.
We were holed up at Travelodge Orange for a hurricane, they too fed and watered us for two days using their own generator.

Edited at 07:10 PM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Apologies all, was referring to getting uber from Rosen Inn I D hadn't realised there was one in Lake B V
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
Well that's quite unanimous, thankyou. Next question is where do you book through?
Rosen inn lake buena vista is dirt cheap at the moment on travel republic ...£15 deposit
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jemrock
Getting Excited

Just to add my 2 cents - we stayed at Rosen Inn LBV in 2019 and the rooms were definitely decent enough for the price we paid and staff pleasant and helpful.

We were in a room on the ground floor right next to the carpark and I do have to say I was constantly getting woken up by coach loads of people - often teens - arriving very late / early. I'm usually pretty dead to the world after a day at the parks so I think the sound proofing is not great.

I also didn't always feel hugely safe as there were lots of non-touristy individuals hanging around late at night and we did call security a couple of times to ask them to move them on. In their defence the security team were very responsive both times we rang and acted promptly.

Overall the room was very solid (great in particular to have a microwave supplied) and the location is fab. We felt we would go back for a short stay but probably not longer than a week and we would also request to be a bit closer to the lobby or at least not immediately facing on to the car park on the ground floor which I think might have made me feel a bit more secure. I'm not trying to put you off - nothing happened and as I say, we would go back - but might be worth bearing in mind popping in a general location request

Disney World Florida five times and counting!

Edited at 11:40 PM.
jemrock is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

I've just booked Rosen inn lake Buena Vista through e bookers on a free cancellation and pay at property basis for first two weeks in December. You are all correct and the prices are so much better and free parking/ no resort fees. Not booked flights yet probably book through BA. All have good cancellation policies. Just have to pray we can travel. I just so needed something to look forward to. Thanks everyone for all advice.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List