Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 17 Jan 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile WDW Annual Passes

I was sure I read something recently about annual passes being available again, but only to those who had had to cancel one due to COVID.

I can’t find anything about it now though, so don’t know if I imagined it 🤦

We’re not planning for Disney parks until 2023 but I wondered about buying annual passes and not activating them until then. We’d get at least 2 trips out if them and prices only ever go up so maybe buying now would be sensible.

I don’t even know if you can leave activating them that long.

Anybody seen anything about buying passes again?
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

They are only allowing current pass holders to renew at the moment. No new passes.
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
They are only allowing current pass holders to renew at the moment. No new passes.
That’s a shame.

Do you know how long you normally have to activate a pass?
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve a feeling the clock starts ticking straightaway. You can renew them 60 days ahead of their expiry date up to 30 days after the original expiry date.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Welsh_Dragon
Proud to wear my Ears

You have until 2030 to activate a WDW AP.
Welsh_Dragon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Welsh_Dragon
Proud to wear my Ears

You can buy a new AP if you cancelled one recently, or if you have an AP and your child is turning 3 years old.
Welsh_Dragon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
You can buy a new AP if you cancelled one recently, or if you have an AP and your child is turning 3 years old.
Do you know what they class as recently? Ours were cancelled in august.
Old 18 Jan 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

If you took advantage of the cancellation policy you can purchase a new annual pass at the normal price, no renewal pricing available. You need to ring up to do it. Also if you have a child who has just turned 3 and you currently have an AP you can buy a new one for the 3 year old.
These 2 speciric situations are the only way to get new APs currently.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
If you took advantage of the cancellation policy you can purchase a new annual pass at the normal price, no renewal pricing available. You need to ring up to do it. Also if you have a child who has just turned 3 and you currently have an AP you can buy a new one for the 3 year old.
These 2 speciric situations are the only way to get new APs currently.
Thanks. I think it might be worth going for our 2023 trips then. I’m sure prices will have gone up by then.
Old 18 Jan 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

If anyone does ring to find out / sort out please let me know whether they are only activated next time you enter the park. I'm waiting on my refund gift card to put towards the ticket and don't want to waste time ringing beforehand to find out when I don't have the funds to pay it yet