Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 24 Jan 21, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1990
Excited about Disney

I’ve just finished the whole series and I’m in bits, what an amazing show, Olly Alexander was fabulous but the whole cast were incredible . The music, the humor, the accuracy of the stigma at the time is brilliantly sad it’s the best thing I have seen on tv in a long, long time. Another shout out for ‘Pride’ a brilliant movie about similar themes. I don’t want to spoil anything but I am emotionally drained here, the final episode was literally breathtaking..highly recommend...💔💔
Florida1990 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Thank you Jo

I wish I had watched it week by week in a way. It certainly has its moments and I hope you enjoy it - but it is heart wrenching throughout (as it reflects the truth and real life back then)

Its really down to folks like you that we live in such a more accepting and welcoming UK today so Thank You 🙏 xx
I was telling my daughter about this and she is going to watch it too. I think she has managed to download it for me and is going to send it over tonight. Hope so.

Thank you MG. I truly dont understand why people the whole world over just cant be accepting and welcoming. Take care xx
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Just finished it all. I’m in bits🥲🥲

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve watched three episodes and it’s so sad! It’s great acting but I’m so glad times have changed!
Old 24 Jan 21, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I’ve watched three episodes and it’s so sad! It’s great acting but I’m so glad times have changed!
Episode 3 was the hardest for me but its an amazing series
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

We watched it all over the weekend, it made me laugh, cry and angry.

I have a very close friend who chose me to be the person he came out to when he was 40. He really struggled with it for such a long time as he grew up in a very small rural area of Scotland and joined the Police Force in that area as well so the pressure on his shoulder was enormous. With lots of love and talking and worrying he eventually came out to his family as well and they were as wonderful as I hoped they would be. He now lives a happy and settled life with his partner of 7 years. I hope I was in some small way a Jill to him. I could only hope to be quite the person she is but I was honoured he trusted and chose me to be his person. I had to keep reminding myself that this is history we are watching and we must acknowledge and remember it so it doesnt return. We have come a long way since then but we still have a long way to go. To those that need it I will be there and stand beside you, I am your ally, friend and supporter.

I loved it.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Well certainly didn't laugh much after first couple of episodes. I read up and Jill Baxter is based on a real person and that real person plays her mother. What a heroine!
pinknews/2021/01/2...son-lydia-wes/

Just seen this and though of your post
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
This is the person that I taught. He is as wonderful in real life as the character but nowhere near as quiet! Callum Scott Howells.
You may find this like interesting ? pinknews/2021/01/2...lls-boyfriend/
Old 25 Jan 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

We’ve only seen the first episode so far, but this is so good with great quality story, acting and soundtrack. It certainly runs through the emotions. Imho it should be required viewing for all, lest we forget how far we’ve come, and how far there is still to travel. I’m so grateful that my children are growing up in a more enlightened times, but am sad to see how bad things were.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
We’ve only seen the first episode so far, but this is so good with great quality story, acting and soundtrack. It certainly runs through the emotions. Imho it should be required viewing for all, lest we forget how far we’ve come, and how far there is still to travel. I’m so grateful that my children are growing up in a more enlightened times, but am sad to see how bad things were.
Glad you are enjoying it- I agree its such an important programme that is should be required viewing.