Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Dec 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

When was the last time you went to a pub? Or a restaurant?

Read a post earlier about going to the pub on Xmas Eve
They were tier 2
It actually struck me I genuinely hadn’t appreciated that some pubs were still open.
I must get out more

Other than our jollies in Lanzarote in October , I think , since March I have been to a restaurant twice ( once because the govt asked us to , once when we had a weekend away on the east coast . And to a pub once , after a table tennis practice when that was briefly ok

The last time maybe early September

What about everyone else ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post

I have eaten alone in a couple of cafes when working.

I went to a local pub with my family to show a bit of support for Sunday dinner a few weeks ago.

I went with my daughters for tapas for lunch last Friday.

For all of these have felt very covid safe. Tables at much lower capacity and screening between tables.

So many local hospitality venues are struggling. It's sad to see.

Edited at 09:51 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Since the initial lockdown.
I went to Gran Canaria and ate out twice there.

I’ve been to the local for drinks (just with DH and before we went in to a harder lockdown) a couple of times.

Went for a curry for DH birthday in September. Then pretty much since then all pubs/restaurants have been closed. We were under tight restrictions which were about to be eased but, then we had the mini lockdown thing where non-essential shops shut and then we moved in to tier 3. Not much time for going out much. I miss it... and I don’t even go out that much. I imagine it’s really hard for some.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went out quite a lot over the summer months and into October when we were allowed to!

Everywhere we went was very covid safe and I cant wait to get out for dinner again!

DH and I go out for a walk on a friday and finsih up at a local bar/restaurant for a diet coke before going home - everything is covid safe, using curtains instead of plastic partitions so its really cozy and masks all round - much better than Tesco!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went out a few times when the Eat out offer was on. Our last meal out was Wilfreds at Crow Wood on August Bank Holiday Monday for our anniversary.
We would never go to a pub just to drink. I think we only have one pub left in the town centre anyway and that is a rather skanky Wetherspoons. All our restaurants have been closed since mid October.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We went last night. Purely as DS and 5 friends were singing carols outside to try and help the festivities along. It was really lovely.
Other than that, not a pub since the summer but we did go out for a couple of meals for OH’s birthday

Edited at 10:01 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

February for my dad's and nieces' birthday then september (TGIs) as queue was short.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Mobile

Since the initial lockdown in March not at all.

Prior to March we would occasionally eat in a pub for lunch if out at the weekend.

A restaurant rarely at night for a special occasion or treat.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We helped out quite a bit in August as we were on holiday for a week in Norfolk. We also booked a couple of local independent places and had a weekend away in Manchester.

I think the last time we went out for a meal was about a week before lockdown 2 when mum in law took the kids for a curry and so me and DH went out.

I really miss going out for a meal and will appreciate it so much when we are allowed to again.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Yesterday, however we are in Spain.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List