Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Dec 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

To those with teenagers

Do they spend a heck of a lot of time in their room? Do you feel you don't see them enough or spend time ? My 16 yr.old DD is permanently in her room it seems , mainly playing Minecraft online, appears now and again. Ds 19 is with gf a lot and she is currently staying with us temporarily so rarely see him.

I crave time with them but understand this is a normal process. I think my dh.finds it hard, we suggest board games and even bought a chess set as DD showed interest in that but nope, does not want to.do family stuff it seems.

Sad , are others same and should I / we just accept it ?

Edited at 05:47 PM.
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve seen an increase in this but actually I don’t think it’s a bad as it could be. DS’s girlfriend actually eats dinner in her room...
I wouldn’t allow that!
I think it’s normal I’m afraid. Sad but normal.
We have been trying to insist DS does more with us at the mo as he’s been quite down lately and staring at screens isn’t going to help with that

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

My son is 9 and we hardly see him, he is always playing fortnite
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Even s family movie night would be good but hard! We watched Moana Xmas Eve although Ds went to have a bath halfway!
Miss the days of all snuggled up watching movies or playing games. Now dh and I spend most evenings watching movies just us. Guess it's the natural process...
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

For younger kids this is why we didn’t allow tv etc in bedroom before they where 14. 16/17 yr olds it’s part of everyday life. Look forward to them getting a little older and joining you for a walk to the pub at Christmas .
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our daughter 15 has never spent much time in her room. This is mainly because her room isn’t much bigger than a cupboard unfortunately! She has never been interested in computer games and watches little tv.
This afternoon we have been doing a jigsaw. Tonight it is James Bond version monopoly.
Son is now 22 and he has always spent quite a lot of time in his room. He will join in the Monopoly though because he always wins.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
It’s a bit mixed in our house. Both will spend time with us and watch tv etc, but will also be online with friends playing Fortnite. DD will disappear to her bedroom and watch tv, and DS will play F1 with his mate online. However, we do see a bit of them each day. I’m expecting it will get worse as they get older (14 & 12 at the moment). DS actually walked into town with me this afternoon (a rare occurrence). I just take whatever time we get with them.
Old 26 Dec 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
My son is 9 and we hardly see him, he is always playing fortnite
Mine is 12 and the same... so you're in for the long haul 😂😂
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

My 16 year old ds is always in his room if he’s not at school
He will come out for a daily walk but even then he strides ahead
This is why our holidays are so important as we actually see his face for more than a few minutes each day
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Nope, 18 and 19, both like to talk. We have sat round together every evening since Dd home from uni. Sometimes I want my space back and go escape to .MY. room... especially since MIL is here too at the moment.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List