Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jan 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

British Gas contact number

Does anyone have a contact number for British Gas where you can actually speak to a person? I’ve tried 3 different numbers so far and end up at the same place. Online chat also not working. My boiler is broken. We have homecare agreement but earliest appointment the automated person gave is Tuesday!😖😖😖
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Anyone?😢
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Does this work?

If you prefer to speak to a real person, you can call 0333 202 9604 Monday to Friday from 8am-8pm or Saturday from 8am-6pm. The number is the same whether you already have one of the British Gas HomeCare products and you've got a query or if you are considering becoming a HomeCare customer.12 Nov 2020
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
Does this work?

If you prefer to speak to a real person, you can call 0333 202 9604 Monday to Friday from 8am-8pm or Saturday from 8am-6pm. The number is the same whether you already have one of the British Gas HomeCare products and you've got a query or if you are considering becoming a HomeCare customer.12 Nov 2020
I’ve tried that one. It’s automated message. Thank you.

Live chat isn’t working.
I can’t book an appointment online.

Does anyone know of alternate boiler care? Once British Gas have been, I’m cancelling and going elsewhere. It shouldn’t be so hard to contact someone.
Old 2 Jan 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Try this: 03332008899
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

We also moved away from home care - I think it was the xmas before last, they were in the news as shutting their contact lines and it was a freezing snowy year.

We lost our heating as the boiler broke and had no way of getting in touch with them, so had to pay extra for someone else. We left after that.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Anyone?😢
there is no contact number any more. You have to book a fix online, and/or speak via chat. Chat took us 2 hours to get to the front of the queue in early December. (we tried to book a fix online and earliest was 18 days later!)

Tuesday is good. Book Tuesday - you can cancel if you get earlier.

From experience/memory - Remember if you are isolating they will not come. If you are shielding they may not come. If you have an alternate supply of hot water (electric shower - they will not come quickly. If you have an alternate supply of heat (electric fan heater) they will not come quickly. If you have a condition that makes you vulnerable but does not mean you have to shield and no alternate hot water/heat they will come earlier. Not necessarily the same day. They may tell you they are coming that day, but they might not actually turn up. They may say they are coming the following day, but they might not turn up.

Then you are practically at Tuesday anyhow.

Sorry... we stopped our contract after our December fiasco.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
How this

britishgas/help-an...g-isnt-working
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
Try this: 03332008899
Already tried that one also. Thank you.

I’ve tried them all.😬
Old 2 Jan 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

I was able to book appointment online this morning no problem, they also had slots for Monday. Well they did in my area anyway.