Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jan 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell5
Imagineer

SW vs Calorie Counting.

Hi all. I am really struggling at the moment with all aspects of life (like a lot of people are) but my weight is making me so miserable. I have done SW in the past and lost 3 stone but can not get my head in to it this time at all. Does anyone find calorie counting easier/ more convient please? Thanks x
tinkerbell5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

My husband is calorie counting, I do SW so at the moment I am doing a bit of each and I think it's useful. It basically is the same thing except calorie counting is probably a finer tuning.

My husband loves spread sheets and numbers so it suits him.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

I’m doing calorie counting through team rh - look them up on Facebook, the videos are excellent x
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’ve been calorie counting since mid August and I’ve lost 3 stone and 3 pounds.

I limit myself to around 1300 to 1500 calories a day (female) and try to lose up to 400 calories in exercise as well.

I also combine this with intermittent fasting and skip breakfast and wait as long as I can for lunch.

Very quickly you get used to smaller portions and I still can have treats...I just have to count the calories.

I’m not saying it’s the healthiest method of losing weight, but it works for me and I’ve tried everything including SW and low carb.
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I really am the same. With no nights out or holidays to think of I just keep thinking what is the point ! I know it will be even harder to get back in to though.

I am a bit disillusioned with SW and I don’t think it works for me anymore. I don’t want the zoom classes because it isn’t worth £5.95 a week for me.

I am trying a mixture of my own version SW, pinch of nom cook books and calorie counting on My fitness pal which has most brands of food on its database.

Hope you can get back on track but I always think if your head isn’t in it then it is so hard.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell5
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Reereef View Post
I’ve been calorie counting since mid August and I’ve lost 3 stone and 3 pounds.

I limit myself to around 1300 to 1500 calories a day (female) and try to lose up to 400 calories in exercise as well.

I also combine this with intermittent fasting and skip breakfast and wait as long as I can for lunch.

Very quickly you get used to smaller portions and I still can have treats...I just have to count the calories.

I’m not saying it’s the healthiest method of losing weight, but it works for me and I’ve tried everything including SW and low carb.
How often do you do the fasting please? I struggle with exercise at the moment, I love it but with 2 children, 12 hour shifts and school work I am just not finding the time. X
tinkerbell5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

I do calorie counting. I've done SW in the past- and it wasnt for me. I've only been properly doing it for 2 weeks but have lost 8lbs so far. I try to get out for a walk most nights too and drink lots of water.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I usually do SW so I’m trying WW this time. I’m finding not only does it help you lose weight, it’s more of a holistic approach; there are fitness classes on the app, mindfulness and mental health support, water and sleep tracking. I’m combining Pinch of Nom recipes with tracking WW points and am doing well so far. Lockdown is helping as I’ve got more time to meal plan and cook from scratch.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I much prefer calorie counting personally. I feel like you learn a lot more about nutrition and which foods are more calorie dense etc. Also some people I know who do/have done SW seem to have unhealthy or plain odd relationships with food and weight loss. Things like not eating or taking laxatives before weigh ins and eating loads of 'free' foods but refusing to eat healthy high syn foods like avocados. I'm sure it works well for some but the statistics for keeping the weight off long term aren't great.
Old 24 Jan 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinkerbell5 View Post
Hi all. I am really struggling at the moment with all aspects of life (like a lot of people are) but my weight is making me so miserable. I have done SW in the past and lost 3 stone but can not get my head in to it this time at all. Does anyone find calorie counting easier/ more convient please? Thanks x
Totally different but come take a look at the keto group in social groups it may be an alternative