Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 May 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by rusty30 View Post
This is the view from the Hollywood & Highland mall:

Fab, thanks
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
red cuillen
Excited about Disney

La Brea tar pits are interesting, but not really worth a long drive to get there! Lots of fossils and very educational, but no pits of boiling tar or mud though or any sign of volcanic activity that might require the presence of Tommy Le Jones or Anne Heche. (1997 film for those not as old as me).
red cuillen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by NLB View Post
If we can borrow relatives to come with us or get residents discounts then we absolutely will! DH is a very confident driver with innate, inhuman sat-nav skills, plus he used to spend his summer holidays in LA so isn't too worried about finding his way about, but you can't beat having a local with you!

I do fancy Knotts Berry but worry it might be too many theme parks in too short a space of time? Disney is non-negotiable as far as I'm concerned

The Tar Pits look interesting too!

I'll make sure we all have sensible footwear while sightseeing...
Nearer the time keep a look out on the Knotts Berry website, the last few years they've done a special offers between Jan and early March to raise money and awareness for Breast Cancer. I can't remember the exact discount but it was a good saving when I looked last year.

If your wanting to do Knotts Berry too I'd have 2 nights over that side to do there and Disney will save you a lot of time.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
unidentified
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NLB View Post
Observatory info noted, thank you

I think we're going to feel the same way about the walk of fame, but then again I kind of feel like we 'should' see it if in LA. If we can do as rusty30 suggested then I'd be happy with that.
Others mentioned the Griffith observatory, if you are going in peak season leave a little extra time to find a parking space.

Also, an alternative (or addition?) may be to go up into the Hollywood Hills to one of the viewpoints that overlook the city?

Edited at 10:11 AM.
unidentified is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
VicStar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by unidentified View Post
Others mentioned the Griffith observatory, if you are going in peak season leave a little extra time to find a parking space.

Also, an alternative (or addition?) may be to go up into the Hollywood Hills to one of the viewpoints that overlook the city?
Thank you
VicStar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List