Restaurant Reviews: 3
The one where the kids don't know! Pre Trippie

The One Where The Kids Don’t Know!

Cast:

DH Keith … Generally goes along with anything, but can get a little Grumpy
Me Lucy … Disney Mad, Planning Freak.
DS Owen age 6 … Little Charmer, Loves Winding His Sister Up fav Character Goofy
DD Izzy Age 4 … Love’s to Giggle, has a split personality fav Character Ariel

I have attempted trippies before, but have never managed to complete one. Hopefully this time it will be different. This trip was never meant to happen. I made a promise to Keith that I would not book for 2008 so we could make the trip in 2009 extra special. Well that did not work out too well. I had been collecting Tesco points for about two years, when I came up with this crazy idea that I would surprise the whole family and book a Holiday for this November and keep it all a secret, and Tesco could foot most of the Bill

Once I had got the idea into my mind, it may as well of been booked, as there was no way I was turning back. However I had to let Keith into my little secret, as the club card deals were in his name, and I could not guarantee I would always be in when the Mail came, so he would of probably found out.

At first he was a little apprehensive, but that passed within, well lets say about 2 hours. We decided to wait a few weeks until the May statement came with some more deals. We then booked 16 nights at Hawthorne Suites LBV in a 1 bed suite with Virgin Holidays. I also booked a Intermediate SUV with Uscarhire.

Then it came down to the tickets. We were already booked to go Nov 2009. We worked out what tickets we wanted and found it would be much cheaper to buy Annual Passes to cover both trips. Luckily we purchased the Disney & Universal when the exchange rate was good, and we put money a side to buy the Seaworld ones whilst we are out there. We will look forward to using them for discounts and getting free parking.

This trip was meant to be relaxed, no itinerary and go with the flo sort of holiday. That did not last long either. Although it won’t be as bad as last year where we were controlled around the free dining, I have still got a daily plan.

I have booked many more treats. As I want to use the Disney AP’s on the last day in Nov 2009 it means we cannot go to Disney for the first week this year. So I have booked MVMCP for the first Sunday evening. Not as many ADR’s this year just Chef Mickey for the first morning and 1900 Park Fare.

I have also rented some points and we are spending 2 nights in AKLV, and DH Keith booked us in a Jurrasic Park Kid suite at Universal for 1 night over the Thanksgiving Period.

We have managed to keep all this secret from our kids. We plan to tell them on the day we leave for the airport. We are picking them up early from school, to go to a ‘dentist’ appointment. We will then call in at home, and will get Owen to read out a letter that arrived addressed to both of them. It says Mickey is expecting them, so forget the Dentist and get in the car, as we are going to Disneyworld.

I have done them some gift bags for the car. Some Mickey colouring books, disney stickers, small toys, snacks & sweets. Also a new DVD each for the car journey as it takes us between 4-5hrs to get to gatwick. We will be doing twilight check in and spending the night at premier inn.

Car journey Gift Bags

Izzy’s

Owen’s

We plan to get up bright and early on the day of the flight, do a bit of shopping. Its an airport tradition that the kids get a new book. After that we will be checking out the V Room. I have also done them two Wall-E themed backpacks for the plane. Filled with toys and snacks etc. Will give them after take off. Also they have a new DS game each which I bought from The Dibb, so will wrap them up and let them have them mid flight.

Plane Suprise bags.

Izzy’s

Owen’s

I am now trying to relax a little. I have packed most things, and will now take care with what I eat. I suffer badly from Holiday Stress and am hoping I won’t suffer too bad this year.

Well I think that’s about it, and now just counting down the days. Oh and before I forget, having them Annual Passes is far to tempting, and we booked a good deal and are now also going in Feb 2009.

Pics of the kids.

wedinflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 08, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
hel1304
Imagineer

hel1304's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A surprise trip - it sounds fab! The bags etc look great xx Have a wonderful trip x
Old 15 Nov 08, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
elliemay
Imagineer

It all sounds fab, i wish i had you as a mum when i was little, what wonderful plans and surprises you have, I hope you all have a great holiday
Old 15 Nov 08, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wedinflorida View Post
We have managed to keep all this secret from our kids. We plan to tell them on the day we leave for the airport. We are picking them up early from school, to go to a ‘dentist’ appointment. We will then call in at home, and will get Owen to read out a letter that arrived addressed to both of them. It says Mickey is expecting them, so forget the Dentist and get in the car, as we are going to Disneyworld.

I have done them some gift bags for the car. Some Mickey colouring books, disney stickers, small toys, snacks & sweets. Also a new DVD each for the car journey as it takes us between 4-5hrs to get to gatwick. We will be doing twilight check in and spending the night at premier inn.

Ooh I wish I'd had a mum like you. What a lovely mum you are. Can you fit me in your suitcase?
Old 15 Nov 08, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

OHH it sounds lovely like the piccies too cant wait for the rest enjoy
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 08, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
You've got to let us know what they say when they realise they are going to WDW I love the gift bags

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 08, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a wonderful mum you are and what a great surprise! Have a great time and don't forget to tell us all about it when you get back
LLKJDisney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 08, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy+4
Dibbing with Tink

Fairy+4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
What a lovely surprise for the kids

The gift bags look fabulous, hope you have a really amazing time
Fairy+4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List