Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Nov 15, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
scottiedogz
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Found this today and thought of this thread - could be an interesting experiment - after Christmas.
uk.style.yahoo/post/1328...g-anything-new

Miami - June 19, Orlando/Miami Oct 18, Washington DC Dec 17, DLP - Aug 17, Florida road trip - April 17, NY & QM2 Oct 16, Orlando - Nov 15 - Oct 14 - Nov 13 - Med Cruise (yuk - missed Florida) May 12, Washington DC Dec 12, Orlando - April 10, DLP - Dec 10, Orlando & wedding - Nov 08, DLP - Aug 07
scottiedogz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 15, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ladeh
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scottiedogz View Post
Found this today and thought of this thread - could be an interesting experiment - after Christmas.
Wow I think I might try it. I have so much stuff . Anyone want to join me in January?
ladeh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 15, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
shauney
Imagineer

Great idea.

I didn't spend a bean on Monday but I had to put some diesel in the car yesterday or it would have been 2 days with zero spend. I don't intend to spend today either - just eating stuff that's in the house.
shauney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 15, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
This is me, always spending, every day, its not clothes, shoes or bags but always something, I read somewhere about starting with a no spend challenge day, then extending that to 2 days, then more etc , if there is something you want and its a no spend day by the time you get past that day / days you no longer feel the need for it.

I just want to try and cut down the constant use of my debit card and cash withdrawn, anyone else the same?

Obviously this excludes christmas buying and holiday saving, this is just day to day 'stuff'
I find if I have £10 in my pocket I spend £10, if I have £50 on me I spend £50 - so when I have £0...

Heres a great little trick - get yourself a little pocket book and pen - of a notes like app.

EVERY TIME and I MEAN EVERY TIME you spend a penny (no I don't mean go Pee Pees mr tom) write it in the little book...

then at the end of the week sit and analyse what you've spend - you will be amazed at how much you have wasted!

From that you can ascertain whats not right or just be aware of your habits...

(ps this is also useful if you want to diet etc)

It is a habit and with all habits there is a 28 day theory - do break an old habit - do it for 28 days and it becomes a new habit! so you do it automatically...

Also another helpful thing is to make yourself accountable to someone - who is the biggest critic of your spending - without the same habit - someone not too critical as that will just put you off - maybe a buddy in here you can PM...

I don't do anything for me - but if I tell mamamouse or the wee meecies I'm going to do something - I bloody well better get that done...

But if its just for me... laters...

good luck...

PM
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 15, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

I didn't manage my no spend day as we had run out of milk and also had to pay for a school trip, grr! But, tomorrow its going to be no spend as I spent loads today , so need to feel better!
Even leaving my purse at home, got my phone and diesel in the car so don't need it? Just working then collecting kids from school...

Will let you know!
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 15, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Since Monday 10am (shopping delivery and kids allowance) have paid for the dog to have his annual jabs, that's it, there will be no more til Sat morning when a cadets' trip needs paying.

But that is not unusual - I am a planner, not a spender.

Weekly delivered shop Mon am (in a £1 delivery slot) lasts the week. All food and drink comes out of that, no need to spend extra. Have been planning-in Christmas - so all the special food/drink goodies that are not fresh have been bought over the last 2 months during the weekly shop, so only the meat and veg to get.

All the wrappings/cards/decs/some pressies etc have been done on Clubcard boost points last week (bought - and paid off - our Florida trip on Tesco credit card before they lowered the points). I have 2 teen girls so have used Boots points and vouchers got from online surveys (E-rewards) to buy them makeup/smellies for their stocking.

Harness the same planning efforts that are used on planning a Florida holiday and you find spending can be cut amazingly quickly!
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 15, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I bought rabbit MEAT on Monday as advised. Tuesday nothing, Wednesday would have been nothing but I failed after a really long day at work and bought a bottle of wine £5.45 and I didn't even really need it (yes I did!)
Today I have to buy fuel but I don't count that because the reason I have to buy it is because I drove 300 miles for work the last 2 days so I can claim that back. Today I also have to send a cheque for the vet bill I owe. Will buy nothing else as I'm working from home so will not even leave the house. So doing well so far. How is everyone else doing?
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 15, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
iloveholidays1
Apprentice Imagineer

All the wrappings/cards/decs/some pressies etc have been done on Clubcard boost points last week

Thanks for the above, just sorted all wrapping, gift bags for Christmas and didn't spend a penny. Knew I'd been saving Clubcard points for something
ASSports Oct/Nov 2014 ASSports August 2016 POFQ Aug/Sept 2019
Cabana Bay/Carribbean Beach Jan/Feb 23
iloveholidays1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 15, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by scottiedogz View Post
I do this anyway. I can't remember when I last bought anything new.
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 15, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

I left my purse at home so couldn't spend and didn't all day, it felt really good, going to try another day next week and build up.
Got my Tesco vouchers now so will double up and use for more xmas shopping...
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread