Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Oct 16, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Replacing our Airfryer

We've had it 5 years and it's time to replace our Airfryer. It still works but is getting a bit manky. I'm not sure whether to replace with another Airfryer or try something else, as there is such a big market in health fryers now - Airfryer, Actifry, Halo to name but a few.

Can anyone make any recommendations? We use the Airfryer for potato products, jacket potatoes, fishcakes or breaded fish, chicken kievs, small pizzas, naan bread, burgers and my veggie food (falafels, burgers, crispbakes etc). However I know you can do so much more with some of them, so I'd be happy to broaden my horizon!
Old 15 Oct 16, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have the actifry and it's really good - no problems. Did get the big one as we are a family of 4
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Thanks, I think I'm torn between the Actifry and the Halo. The Airfryer has been fab but the cooking options seem to be broader with the Actifry and Halo.
Old 19 Oct 16, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Just bumping in case anyone else can help. I'm particularly interested in thoughts on the Halo.

Thanks
Old 19 Oct 16, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I done a bit of research as my Actifry is now cooking higher at one side than the other? The Phillips Airfryer seems to get much better reviews than the Actifry?
Old 19 Oct 16, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
scottiedogz
Very Serious Dibber

We have a halo - it is nowhere near as good at chips as the Actifry. We were getting through Actifrys every 10 months fir various reasons (used every day) so tried a Halo - when it dies we will be going back to actifry. Halo chips don't seem to turn as well, therefore the ones at the bottom are not brown or crispy unless you turn them manually every 5 minutes. Cooks sausages and bacon really well though.

Miami - June 19, Orlando/Miami Oct 18, Washington DC Dec 17, DLP - Aug 17, Florida road trip - April 17, NY & QM2 Oct 16, Orlando - Nov 15 - Oct 14 - Nov 13 - Med Cruise (yuk - missed Florida) May 12, Washington DC Dec 12, Orlando - April 10, DLP - Dec 10, Orlando & wedding - Nov 08, DLP - Aug 07
scottiedogz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 16, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

I've had a Halo for about a month, not done much in it so far, but I do like it. Does lovely jacket potatoes and oven chips, excellent evenly cooked sausages.
I got mine from Tesco Direct for £60 which I thought was a good deal! I'm a bit stuck for recipes as I don't seem to be able to find any online.

My sister done me chips in her actifry and they were lovely, I think I need to add more oil in my Halo.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 16, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have a Phillips air fryer, bought it from Tesco about 3 years ago and just recently had to replace the basket but got it direct from Phillips with a discount code so was a good price.

We use it most days and I wouldn't be without it! Makes like so much easier and helps when dieting aswell!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 16, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

We got a phillips aifryer a couple of years ago and i havent been very imaginative for what i use it but its great for freezer chicken etc & i love that I dont have to turn the oven on for garlic bread now as when i do pasta on the hob i feel like im wasting heating the oven just for 5 minutes use! x
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 16, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BLDY&McGoo View Post
We got a phillips aifryer a couple of years ago and i havent been very imaginative for what i use it but its great for freezer chicken etc & i love that I dont have to turn the oven on for garlic bread now as when i do pasta on the hob i feel like im wasting heating the oven just for 5 minutes use! x
we have just bought an airfryer , I didn't realise I could do garlic bread in it . I really must look up more ways and things to cook with it .we bought it to replace our actifry which only lasted about a year , which didn't impress me!